Library View...Collapse Tracks!!!!!!!!Please!!!!

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

brs_manamal1

Library View...Collapse Tracks!!!!!!!!Please!!!!

Post by brs_manamal1 »

I love the program except for one thing. I am working on building a 300 gig library,currently 60 gigs, and dont need to tell ya thats alot of music! I would like to have the ability to view my library without seeing all the tracks. My older program of choice was musicmatch jukebox and had the library set up like media monkey except you could collapse the albums and not see the tracks thus streamlining user experience. If you needed to see the tracks in an album you simply clicked on the album + icon and it would open and show the track listing. When done reclick the + and the tracks would close behind the album.
This was usful in many ways for me and greatly increased my productivity and saved alot of time. I would close the node for all albums that were finished tagging and editing alowwing me to easily identify problem areas in the library. I would leave open any tracks that I found to be damaged and needed repair also. When listening to playlist I would leave them open to see the location of tracks being played. It did not take half hour to scroll my library either. Media Monkey this is a must and should be so easy to achieve! I will personally offer my services and feedback to get this done. With this option Media Monkey really would be gold! I've used all media players out there and I like my Monkey so come on guys GET ER DONE! and Gemmi a hell yeah! 8)
Alasdairhurst

Re: Library View...Collapse Tracks!!!!!!!!Please!!!!

Post by Alasdairhurst »

Yes- I would like this too.i really like the album art view, as it is compact, but i like the details of the track list view (with album art). so a collapsing album art optionm would be really good.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I prefer the other way around. I prefer that clicking on an Album in the Art view would take me to the Art and Details view of that Album not keep reloading the same Album in the Art view.
brs_manamal1

Post by brs_manamal1 »

Alasdairhurst wrote:Yes- I would like this too.i really like the album art view, as it is compact, but i like the details of the track list view (with album art). so a collapsing album art optionm would be really good.
Lets push for it then bra! I plan to keep this post hot untill we get it,should be an easy fix for media monkey to achieve also so not asking for the impossible. Start another post my friend and I'll be sure to track it. This is a must have for large library's like mine(currently 300 gigs). Do you know how long it takes to scroll a 300 gig library in open track view, damn!
Thanks for the reply and lets get R done! :wink:
brs_manamal1

Post by brs_manamal1 »

Lowlander wrote:I prefer the other way around. I prefer that clicking on an Album in the Art view would take me to the Art and Details view of that Album not keep reloading the same Album in the Art view.
Not following you bra! what would you expect to happen in the art view of a particular album?
Rosemary128

Post by Rosemary128 »

Yes, please keep this post going.

MediaMonkey is a great piece of software but the inability to collapse tracks (especially the artists column) is a gaping flaw. If you have a large music collection it can take a long time to get to the artist you want. I too used MusicMatch and miss this simple feature a lot.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I have a large Database too but have no problems finding artists:
Klick on the Artist-Node and enter the first letters of the artist (yes, with the keyboard, not with the mouse) and Mediamonkey jumps quickly where you want to
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Also the Track Browser can provide a similar experience and is keyboard friendly as well.
duffman

Post by duffman »

I too used Musicmatch and loved this feature. Would be great to have the option of doing this.
brs_manamal1

Post by brs_manamal1 »

Still Working on this one guys.....if we get enough users to request this feature it will happen!!!!! Thanks and keep this post alive!!!!
007andyandy007

Post by 007andyandy007 »

We MUST keep this thread going !!!!! I have used every music library going over the years and only 2 have ever stayed on my pc for more than a few days - Musicmatch and MediaMonkey!! Whilst neither library is/was perfect I think Musicmatch couldn't have got any nearer to what we all desire in a player !!! As we know even with paying for 'lifetime' upgrades once Yahoo got gold of it things changed dramatically. I have 538gigs (104829 tracks) sorted into genre, capital lettered, spelt correctly etc etc - its taken me years and MediaMonkey has made it a lot easier for me. However if I search using the keys it collapses my library and to open it up again takes longer and longer!! If the search feature and being able to collapse the library as suggested here was sorted out I think MediaMonkey would be my perfect player.
Andy
ps ... as a point of interest does anyone know the maximum tracks/gigs that MediaMonkey will actually handle??
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

007andyandy007 wrote: ps ... as a point of interest does anyone know the maximum tracks/gigs that MediaMonkey will actually handle??
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1922
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ry#p131084
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =75#p29596
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
007andyandy007

Post by 007andyandy007 »

Thanks Nohitter -I think I should be ok for a few years judging by those threads lol
brs_manamal1

Post by brs_manamal1 »

Media Monkey still has not addressed this simple task...and I have not been able to achieve this by changing the coding either....media monkey add this feature PLEASE!
I am actually looking at running VMware just so I can run my musicmatch again as this is an invaluable feature for me to work through my now 608 gig library! Push this Topic peeps and make media monkey better and faster than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace and luv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jiri

Post by jiri »

Could you post a screenshot of how would you like the feature to look like?

Thanks,
Jiri