Running MM under Mac OS X with Wineskin

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

nanite2000

Re: Running MM under Mac OS X with Wineskin

Post by nanite2000 »

nanite2000 wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
erdnuesse wrote:Hi,

is there a manual / faq / howto that one can point to on this topic, or do I have to read the full thread to get this thing to work?

Regards
erdnuesse
The first post in the thread.
Yep - that plugin solved my issue of exporting in Unix style file paths.
I spoke too soon. For some reason, every time I export my playlists from MediaMonkey under OSX using this plugin, they are exported with the full filepath instead of the relative file path.

I've set the options to only use relative file paths. I've even tried setting the 'Replace'/'With' option to replace the full filepath with a relative filepath. But no joy.

All other changes to the options in that screen work OK. I just can't get a playlist to be exported with relative filepaths any more.

Help!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nanite2000 wrote:
I've set the options to only use relative file paths. I've even tried setting the 'Replace'/'With' option to replace the full filepath with a relative filepath. But no joy.

All other changes to the options in that screen work OK. I just can't get a playlist to be exported with relative filepaths any more.

Help!
Ask for help in the addon thread, the author will be watching posts there.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

Hello
i followed Wineskin installation. In the last step when I run MM I get error "Error during creation of main window" right after splash screen disappears. Any idea what the problem may be?
Thank you
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

aprzybylo wrote:Hello
i followed Wineskin installation. In the last step when I run MM I get error "Error during creation of main window" right after splash screen disappears. Any idea what the problem may be?
Thank you
Make sure you run the unskinned version
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

I already tried both. No difference
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

I think the problem is related to installation of ie6 in the wrapper. When I do that I get few "regsvr32" sever errors and later trying to run MM in test I get error that reframe.dll cannot be loaded. Any idea why ie6 installation causing me issues?
vivianb

Post by vivianb »

Hello everyone, I'm running Mediamonkey on Mavericks 10.9.5 OSX on a MacBook Air 2013. I'm using Wineskin. After following the instructions I successfully created a MM4 Wrapper, but I have a big problem the "Case Checker" script doesn't work, it always shows "ole error 80004005". I have installed IE6 with Winetricks. Also the files doesn't play (although I don't care so much about this) even all the files are mp3. Is XQuartz necessary for running MM4 on Winetricks or only for POM? Any Ideas?. Please help me.

I really appreciate any help you can provide ;),

Vivian
vivianb

Post by vivianb »

****This worked on Mavericks 10.9.5 on a MackBook Air 2013****

Regarding the Installation, this is what worked for me so far:

Download all the files from:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... diamonkey/

* Obtain WineSkin's Winery from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wineski ... p/download and Install
*Add and Install the WS9Wine1.7.28 Engine
* Run Winery and update the Wineskin Wrapper, this will download the latest version, for me "Wineskin 2.6.0"
* Click "Create New Blank Wrapper" and name it MM4. This can take quite some time. Download the Gecko installation when prompted.
* Note that your new MM4.app will be at /Users/****/Applications/Wineskin/MM4. Click "Open folder in Finder"
* Doubleclick click the MM4 app to open Wineskin and Click "Advanced"
* Click "Tools" and then "Winetricks"
* Choose "IE6" off the drop-down list and click "Run"
*Download the file "msie60.exe" and copy it into the folder that wineskin is showing you.
* Also in Winetricks select the following dll and the click on run (this will install the components):
I3codecX
Mac Core Audio
vcrun6
vb6run
corefonts
* Double click the MM4 app and Click "Install software"
* Navigate to your MM4 installation exe file.
* Follow the normal MM installation
* Choose the "MediaMonkey (non skinned).exe" off the provided list of executables (it runs a bit faster)
* Quit
* Double click the MM4 app folder to launch MM4. This can take quite a while to run the first time.
*Click “Configuration and then in Icon “Browse” and select the “monkey-logo.icns”
*To show the wineskin menu after the package is installed in the Finder search for the Wrapper in “Users/****/Applications/Wineskin” then click in the The Action button (gear) on the toolbar and select “Show Package Contents”

For the icon: Download the icon package from http://www.deviantart.com/download/7626 ... 1413697136

*to use a .png file as icon go to “Users/****/Applications/Wineskin/MM4”, click in The Action button (gear) on the toolbar and select “Get Info”, then do as followed:

1) Open the .png file with the media monkey logo in Preview
2) Press command-A to select the entire image
3) Press command-C to copy the selection
4) Control-Click on the file/folder you would like to change, in this case go back to the “get info” of the Wrapper
5) Click the icon (so there is a frame around it)
6) Press command-V to paste the image into that

This is what I have done so far, I added my own stuff and updated some links, but this is basically a summary of what it was already posted.

Thanks,
vivianb

Post by vivianb »

"Case Checker" script doesn't work, "OLE error 80004005" any ideas?
vivianb wrote:Hello everyone, I'm running Mediamonkey on Mavericks 10.9.5 OSX on a MacBook Air 2013. I'm using Wineskin. After following the instructions I successfully created a MM4 Wrapper, but I have a major problem the "Case Checker" script doesn't work, it always shows "OLE error 80004005". I have installed IE6 with Winetricks, also I3codecX, Mac Core Audio, vcrun6, vb6run and corefonts. UPDATE ****Mp3 files are playing great****. By the installations of the MAD plugin via extension on Mediamonkey, I get the error "OLE error 800A01BD", "MAD Plugin was not installed".Is XQuartz necessary for running MM4 on Winetricks or only for POM? Any Ideas?. Please help me.

I really appreciate any help you can provide ;),

Vivian

Markstuart thank you so much for all the work you do. :D
vivianb

Post by vivianb »

I haven't been able to make the "case checker" script run in MM4, but I found an elegant solution. One of the Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes does exactly what I needed. If somebody needs it, here is the link:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/s ... =titlecaps

Thanks,

PD: I will still be happy if somebody has a solution on the MM4 script.

Vivian
vivianb

Post by vivianb »

Media Monkey runs quite unstable on Mac OS, and when dealing with foreign characters like "ó á ü", it destroys the names tagging it like "%$%§&". I Found a script for iTunes to rename the files http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/s ... ilerenamer, also they are many others that are pretty close to the Mediamonkey's scripts (some are not for free). To organize the files into folders the best solution for me was an app call "Big Mean Folder Machine 2" https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/big-mea ... 0280?mt=12, it organizes the mp3 based on the ID3tag and it's completely customisable. To search for tags I bought a program call "Tune Up" http://www.tuneupmedia.com/, that works pretty good. Total money spended about 60 USD. Crazy what I had to do to get the functionalities on MediaMonkey to work decently on Mac OS X.
test

Post by test »

Hello,

Managed to get MM4 running under Mavericks.

I even managed to get it to recognize my other internal drive that contains my entire music collection. (a separate local drive that is a windows install)

Only thing now and this really bothers me, is when I import my library from said alternate local drive it stops at artists starting with letter B. I have a lot of music. 520 or so different artists.

Why is it being limited from going on from 50 folders/artists?

Pretty certain it stops at exactly 50. Anyway to raise this limit?

Thank you so much to everyone for all the info.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's likely some file corruption tripping up MediaMonkey.
Test

Post by Test »

What do you mean by file corruption? What has been corrupted?

Any remedy possible?

Thanks again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Some part, generally headers, of the file has a small corruption. This may not affect playback, but can trip up scanning and is the common reason MediaMonkey fails to complete scanning on Windows.

If you can you could scan smaller sub-folders to bypass the one with the problem files. If you can determine the problem files you can send a sample to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit

Note, as you're on a mac it could of course also be something mac related.