Randomizing Database With Heavy Rotation

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

opbill

Randomizing Database With Heavy Rotation

Post by opbill »

Terrific program!

When I try to play all my database in random order, it plays it all the way through without repeat. May I suggest true random play (i.e. a song can be repeated even though it has already been played within the playlist) with an option to select certian songs for heavy rotation.

Thanks for your consideration!

opbill
jiri

Post by jiri »

We plan to make quite similar feature, no exact plan are ready yet, so feel free to suggest all that you would expect from it.

Jiri
scherer43

Post by scherer43 »

I think an adequate way to implement the "heavy rotation" would be as such:

1) Make (Heavy Rotation) a editable property, yes or no. You could assign a key combination like is done with leveling. (Ctrl H)

2) Have button similar to shuffle that would play random songs while playing heavy rotation songs that are in the playlist at an average determined by the user (like 1 out of 3 songs).

I do not know if there is a way this can be done, but it would add a new, fantastic dimension to this "ultimate" program.

Let me know what you think.
Lowlander

Other heavy rotation options

Post by Lowlander »

I have some other options to define heavy rotation.

Play songs with 5 star rating more often. Or even a complete random play based on rating. The higher the rating the heavier the rotation.

Play songs that exist on a heavy rotation playlist more often. The user would need to create such a playlist.

Play songs on the top 50 playlist more often.

Just some thoughts