Make "comment" tag visible in lists

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ogg

Make "comment" tag visible in lists

Post by ogg »

Hi,

I just started using MM and it looked OK. It took 30 minutes to catalogue 9500 files but thats OK.

But I miss one thing: I cannot figure out how to display the comment field of the ID-tags in the result lists on the right side.

I heavily used this field to mark faked, low fidelity or broken mp3. The search dialogue offers to search this field and works, but then I alway have to look at the singel file property to see, what kind of problem I marked using the comment field.

Seems an easy one, as you offer a load of tags to display but I wonder why you kept the comment-field out of the display.

TIA
Ogg
"If you can't be good, be careful" D.A.D
Lowlander

Same thoughts

Post by Lowlander »

I had the same thoughts but for a different reason, I just want to get rid of all comments.

But I think the problems lies in the fact that a comment field can have multiple lines in the newer ID3 versions. This would give problems with how to display as well as space needed to see everything.

This said, I would still like to be able to view it in the track listings, but I suspect this will not be feasible.

Lowlander
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ogg

Post by ogg »

OK, I see the point but I think it should be still possible to show n characters of a multiline entry. n can be controlled by the width of the field as with all other fields.
"If you can't be good, be careful" D.A.D