year node = cd year node not individual track year node

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Felix Atagong

year node = cd year node not individual track year node

Post by Felix Atagong »

As I am currently playing a compilation cd that wasn't in Freedb, I entered the data manually. In the Year field I put the year of the cd (1996), but as the individual tracks are from different years I put that in as well at details - original year level.

To check I went into the year node, but all the tracks are put there with the year of the cd-issue (1996) and not the original year issue. I checked with other compilations that were put in automatically by freedb and it's the same result (a Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel compilation is all put on 1987 for instance).

So on my wishlist I would like to have a year-node of the 'date of issue' next to the cd-issue year.

NP: Wave - cd3 (new wave hits of the 80's)
Felix Atagong
http://atagong.com
Lowlander

As usual

Post by Lowlander »

As usual I want to warn about the difference between standards and MM. Whatever new things are added to the tags in MM and are not supported by the standards will only be available in MM. This can easily result in loss of the information when something goes wrong with the DB or the files are shared with others.

Post by Guest »

i think you are wrong... i
Lowlander

How?

Post by Lowlander »

How, in the fact that it is supported in ID3 tags or about storing info in MM VS. tags?