[Feature request] Search by file name

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

uziubalmy

[Feature request] Search by file name

Post by uziubalmy »

Hi,

I have two feature requests becouse my db of 819000 songs has some performance issues, I know that mm support only 100.000+, but I think that this can help also who have less songs.

1 - why in advanced search, sorts, and autoplaylists, PATH and FILENAME are in the same filter? can you split them or simple add the single "FILENAME" filter?
2 - this born from the #1 request. I need to filter only songs in autoplaylists that are in a certain folder or the filename starts with a certain letter/word. The problem is that these filters in MM support only "CONTAINS" and "DOESN'T CONTAINS". some autoplaylist employ more than one minute to filter the songs that have a PATH that starts with "L:\library\folder\" or have a filename that starts with "A" or "B".

I think that "CONTAINS" or "DOESN'T CONTAINS" means in SQL "LIKE '%xxx%'". It's normal than they take a lot of time. But very often startswith or endwiths (LIKE 'xxx%' or LIKE '%xxx') can be make the difference not only for permance reason but for making Mediamonkey more powerfull.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum