A simple play all feature

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Zed

A simple play all feature

Post by Zed »

How about a simple "Play All" feature which plays all your songs in your media library? Auto DJ does not work well - when you stop a song, etc. it starts replaing songs in your aut list that were already played. Chosing the location takes too long to read all the files (I have 180GB).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Choose the artist node, select all (ctrl+a) and drag & drop to now playing or right click and select play now (alt+enter).
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

i would like to have a play all button for what is actually displayed in the window without having to select first all the entries manually and then press a button or select play all.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

These are autoscripts so they need to be in {MM}\Scripts\Auto\ with a .vbs extension. Restart MM and you should have the play button you require on your toolbar.

@spacekris

Code: Select all

Sub OnStartup
  SDB.UI.AddMenuItemSep SDB.UI.Menu_TbStandard,0,0
  Dim PlayVisibleTBB
  Set PlayVisibleTBB = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_TbStandard,0,0)
  PlayVisibleTBB.Caption = SDB.Localize("Play Visible")
  PlayVisibleTBB.IconIndex = 13
  PlayVisibleTBB.UseScript = Script.ScriptPath
  PlayVisibleTBB.OnClickFunc = "PlayVisible"
  PlayVisibleTBB.Shortcut = "Shift+Alt+Enter"
End Sub

Sub PlayVisible(TBB)
  Dim s,p
  Set s = SDB.AllVisibleSongList  
  Set p = SDB.Player
  p.PlaylistClear
  p.PlaylistAddTracks(s)
  p.Play
End Sub
@Zed

Code: Select all

Sub OnStartup
  SDB.UI.AddMenuItemSep SDB.UI.Menu_TbStandard,0,0
  Dim PlayLibraryTBB
  Set PlayLibraryTBB = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_TbStandard,0,0)
  PlayLibraryTBB.Caption = SDB.Localize("Play Library")
  PlayLibraryTBB.IconIndex = 13
  PlayLibraryTBB.UseScript = Script.ScriptPath
  PlayLibraryTBB.OnClickFunc = "PlayLibrary"
  PlayLibraryTBB.Shortcut = "Shift+Alt+Enter"
End Sub

Sub PlayLibrary(TBB)
  Dim s,p
  Set s = SDB.Database.QuerySongs("")  
  Set p = SDB.Player
  p.PlaylistClear
  p.PlaylistAddTrack(s.Item)
  s.Next
  p.Play
  Do While Not s.EOF
    SDB.ProcessMessages
    p.PlaylistAddTrack(s.Item)
    s.Next
  Loop
End Sub
N.B. The shortcuts are the same so you'll need to change them if you install both!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

ah,great! the first one works.
can i change the location of the button to appear on another bar?
would ike to have it with the normal play-buttons.

is there a difference between the first and the second script?
mean time

and options

Post by mean time »

in the options under palyer you can change what happens when double clicking a song, this might also do what you want ?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@spacekris - this difference is the one written for you plays all the tracks that are visible in the main window, whereas the one written for Zed plays every track in the library.

@mean time - you cannot achieve either of these with the double click action. Unless you set it to play current track and all after it, and double click on the first track in the main window, this will do what spacekris wants.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
heinimuecki

Post by heinimuecki »

maybe i didn't understand it right but in my case when i want to play all the songs in my library i just select one of the node in the tree, i.e. the artist node, an the make a double-click on the first song in the appearing list. MM then puts all songs into the "now playing" list and plays them .
but nevertheless it's allway nice to have a button where you can do this with just one click :)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

When I want to play all the songs in my library i just select one of the main nodes in the tree (e.g. the artist node), and then press Alt+Enter (play now). This will *always* place all songs in the now playing list, and start playing the first song.
Instead of pressing Alt+Enter, you can also right-click and choose "Play Now", or do the same from "Play" menu.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

spacekris wrote: can i change the location of the button to appear on another bar?
would like to have it with the normal play-buttons.
thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I didn't see this question before. You can change the menubar, but I've got no idea which one is the one with the play buttons on. Anyone?
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

hm, the "play all visible tracks" is still not implemented in mm3 as a regular feature??? :o

@trix: is there a way to choose another button for your script.
maybe an arrow in a different color than the "play selected tracks" button.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

When I installed MM, it came with an autoplaylist All Accessible Tracks. Does this not work for you? Mine is simply a playlist with no search criteria. All tracks show up there and I actually use it quite often to see how many tracks I'm up to.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

no.
eg. i search for something, i want to play all findings with a single push.

i am not using playlists. and i dont want to start.. :wink:
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

The now playing window is not very efficient for playing whole libraries. It uses a temporary .m3u file (mediamonkey.m3u) and if you have a large number of files you could end up with a hundred meg m3u that MM has to hold and manage in memory.