[SOLVED] A to Z Quick Jump in Vertical Scrolling

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

riverboatsam

[SOLVED] A to Z Quick Jump in Vertical Scrolling

Post by riverboatsam »

I am finding it increasingly difficult to keep my cursor-arrow in the narrow vertical scroll bars, particularly when doing a long scrolling.

It would be nice to have an option that would turn on an alphabetic sequence (A B C D...) that when clicked on (or typed) a Letter, would Jump me to that point in the Music database listing (depending on the primary sort field) - or perhaps only for when the list is sorted by for Artist, or Album, or Song Title... possibly other columns that might be appropriate.
- Thanks!
Peke

Re: A to Z Quick Jump in Vertical Scrolling

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is already working like that. eg. select Sort column -> Click on first track in sorted column adn afterwards when you type MMW will navigate to typed letters. if you stop typing for 0.5+ seconds it will reset position phrase and start from beginning.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
riverboatsam

Re: A to Z Quick Jump in Vertical Scrolling

Post by riverboatsam »

Ah, very good. Thank you!
North2South

Re: [SOLVED] A to Z Quick Jump in Vertical Scrolling

Post by North2South »

I usually view my music as albums, sorted by “Album Artist”, displayed as “Album Art”. When I need to find an album by a specific artist I usually select the first displayed album in the ‘Music’ window and then type the letter of the Album Artist I want to view, but there is a problem with this approach – the letter ‘T’ finds albums that begin ‘The’ even though this ‘prefix’ is set to be ignored in sorting. This problem is compounded further when moving between the Music folder and (let’s say) a search window. When I have located an album, edited it as required, if I then swap to a search window the focus automatically goes to the first album, even the ‘back’ button simply takes me back to that first album (in any window). This means I have to locate where I was working yet again by typing the first letter of the Album Artist again.

Therefore, I fully support the idea of a vertical bar of the alphabet, which would move the focus to the required Artist, or Album, but I also think the focus when moving to a new window should be the last edited album rather than always the first album in a list. Finally, maybe the problem of finding ‘the’ could also be fixed.

These changes would encourage me to buy the Gold version with a lifetime licence as I’m otherwise very pleased with this media player.