"Auto organize" files such as playlists, album art

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

tj_junk

"Auto organize" files such as playlists, album art

Post by tj_junk »

I love MM and love the rich tag/rename features, but I wish I wish there was a rename feature for playlists and art files.

I prefer to name album related files (such as playlists, cover art, CD labels, etc), using an "<Artist> - <Year> - <Album>" format, with an art suffix identifier such as "[Front]", "[Back]", "[CD]".

I wish I could rename these "other" files using ID3 tag fields -- just like you can with music files.

This would be especially useful when you are using the "Auto-Organize Files" feature to move & rename song files. When you clear out a directory via the "Auto Organize", MM will prompt "Do you want to move these other files too?" My answer is always "Yes", but I wish it I could also use the "Auto Organize" feature to rename these files in a preferred naming convention. :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Some files are moved, although I'm not sure which filetypes are included - I know .jpg is (because mine are moved - if they are not hidden).

If there are filetypes not moved, you can use a script to move them (as I am currently working on for .cue files). It was decided that this was a better approach than MM trying to move every single filetype.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.