Split artists by keywords and artist alias

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Madir

Split artists by keywords and artist alias

Post by Madir »

Hey,

using the ; it is possible to assign multiple artitst to a track. This is a good feature but often for a track something like Artist 1 (feat., with, vs., &,...) Artist 2 is used. I prefer to leave them in this way but this means each combination gets its own entry in the Artist tree.

It would be great to have an option which makes MediaMonkey splitting up Artists by keywords. I know that there will be wrong splits (eg. "Me first and the Gimme Gimmes", "Simon and Garfunkel", or "Klaus & Klaus") and an exclusion list mighty be necessary. But for some Artists I have more than 20 entries with different combinations.

Also an alias function would help grouping songs from the same Artist under different names. For example "Die Toten Hosen" and "Die Roten Rosen" is the same band but of cause the get separate entries.

Thanks Madir
Erwin Hanzl

Re: Split artists by keywords and artist alias

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Madir,

I also have a specific solution - but it is handmade.
I'm mainly interested in the dance style. (ChaCha, Rumba, Boogie, Waltz, Love, .... combinable.

The field in MMWindows must be visible in the "Column Browser" and suitable for multi-entries.
This field must also be available in MMAndroid as a property.

I chose the Field: "Composer".
However, I have to be careful with the Internet Taggen and disable the overwriting of this field.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In your particular case, it looks like this:
File: Would I Lie To You - Ali Campbell Ft. Bitty McLean.mp3

Two entries in the field "Composer": Ali Campell; Bitty McLean
The separation of the two entries is done by the Seperator ";"
(Tools >Options >Library >Apparance ... Split multiple-value field with: ; )

In the archive tree you can find this song in the archive node "Composer" under the entry "Ali Campbell" and also under the entry "Bitty McLean". Likewise in the "Column Browser"
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation