Auto tag files from files in Media Monkey DB

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MusicLover1965

Auto tag files from files in Media Monkey DB

Post by MusicLover1965 »

Hi,
Loving media monkey having used it for years. I have a question hopefully someone can help with.
I regularly add music to my collection that I already have by buying albums where I already have several of the tracks. I have got a tagging system that allows me to choose my favourite above the other copies but each time I add the new content I have to manually update quite a few tags that apply only to me (such as rating).
Is there any way to take files added to the DB, look up other mp3s in the DB (or perhaps a csv) and where title and artist match copy some tag data from one to the other?
So for example add new material, find matching artist+title, copy rating to new material (if I could make this work for one field I could customise the others). Perhaps a script could be written?
Many thanks
Lowlander

Re: Auto tag files from files in Media Monkey DB

Post by Lowlander »

This addon can copy fields from selected files to another selections, but it's manual: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... +duplicate
MusicLover1965

Re: Auto tag files from files in Media Monkey DB

Post by MusicLover1965 »

Hi Lowlander,
This script is brilliant though at 6,199 lines it's well beyond my VB script skills.

I think I've got it doing exactly what I wanted it to do. If I use a free field to mark a song as new and create an auto playlist based on that field being set to new then it's just a case of using the Custom Duplicate search to find files with matching artist and title where "At least one"-playlist is set to the name of the auto playlist.

This will save me considerable time editing tags one at a time,

Thanks, great work and massive thanks to anyone that worked on it :D