MM 2.2 Alpha 4: I think you did it

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

MM 2.2 Alpha 4: I think you did it

Post by Lowlander »

Good news!

I think my new install problem of MM I had on one PC has been solved. Apparently the change of plugins in Alpa 4 has done the trick.

I didn't need to copy back the old plugin folder of the old install of MM to get MM to run after installing the new version.

I installed Alpha 4 due to another problem. I believe I was still using Alpha 2 (maybe even Alpha 1) and had just finished editing songs on another PC in Alpha 4. But this Alpha 2 PC using the same DB didn't see any changes I made. So I decided to install Alpha 4.
Are there issues in the way tags are written and DB is handled between the different alpha's that could have caused this?
rusty

Alpha 1 tagging issue

Post by rusty »

Alpha 1 had introduced some problems in which tags were sometimes not updated properly. This was corrected in Alpha 2, and further unicode-related refinement were made in Alpha 3.

So it's very possible that changes made in Alpha1 would appear in the DB, but not in the tags. If you upgrade to the latest alpha and synch the tags with the DB, you should be fine.

-Rusty
Lowlander

But,

Post by Lowlander »

But MM wasn't showing the correct info in the library itself in the older alpha install. Tags I didn't actually check.

Anyway I wasn't worried as we are in alpha testing, but this might need checking out so that when the full 2.2 release is installed over MM 2.1 it doesn't lead to similar problems.

Anyway I don't get this problem as MM just reads a DB and that shouldn't lead to differences. (Basically tags from when files were scanned in were shown). I don't have file monitor on, which could lead to trouble, and anyway the new install read all correctly.
Maybe the DB wasn't yet updated, but that seems to take to long, which could be plausable on my network, but still.

But my main worry was for updating 2.1 to 2.2 and have problems there when the final release comes along.