MediaMonkey Wiki

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Morten

Post by Morten »

1) Of course. :)

2) I've heard about those plans, but until it's done I think the wiki is a great tool to promote skins with a systematic presentation. Maybe we can instead remove many of the skins when your new site is launched?
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i thought the wiki was the new site and you were allowing it to be set up by the forum members?
so it is not well then okay we'll just have to remove the stuff that is duplicated from your new site on the wiki.

oh wait you will have to since the del button don't work even when it said it did. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jiri

Post by jiri »

2) Sure, I just wanted to make this clear, so that there's not too much redundant work.

Jiri
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I just updated the MM2 skins wiki page because then it can replace my own page. Now everyone can change things on the page (as it should be). So I understand that it's only temporary.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Blake

Post by Blake »

this should be glued
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

1) Can I please ask everyone to follow wiki "guidelines" as good as possible:
- As Jiri said, only save changes when you're done. Use Preview to see how your changes look before you save, and change if necessary. Only after that do the save.
- Don't make dummy pages (e.g. RC's "fill in here"). That's completely wrong and I'll overwrite them completely if I have to :P (I don't like to "put my text between the lines" if it's dictated). Red links show that a page doesn't exist yet. A normal link shows that a page already has been made with useful contents. Dummy pages ruin that.
- On a wiki, the internet posting guidelines are still important (even more important than here on the forum). That means, DON'T SHOUT (put text in all-caps), use clean language and normal wiki-like language, certainly on any information page that isn't tutorial or similar.
- In my opinion, the user pages are as far as it should go conserning MM user's opinion, personal contents, ... . The wiki is meant as information source for the whole MediaMonkey community. Please keep that in mind. Links to personal pages everywhere don't belong on a wiki. Users should get the information as clear and fast as possible. So please no "hey, and there are more scripts to download at mpy personal page, click HERE" links please.

2) The "discussion" page on the wiki pages is meant for discussions about what should/shouldn't come on the related wiki page. It's not meant to ask questions about the weather, MediaMonkey in general, ... . We can use it e.g. if we want to change something but want to ask other users for agreement, opinion, hints, ... first.

3) Is there a way to delete uploaded files? I accidentally uploaded "Monkey11.gif" as MM2 skin screen shot (but it's a MM3 skin). I'd like to see it deleted.

Thx
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

I agree with you completely Steegy. I didn't now it was created history links for every change.
Steegy wrote:3) Is there a way to delete uploaded files? I accidentally uploaded "Monkey11.gif" as MM2 skin screen shot (but it's a MM3 skin). I'd like to see it deleted.

Thx
I think you need administrator privilegies to do that. I've done it anyway.
Best regards,
Morten

Post by Guest »

In the first line of the Skinning section it says "MediaMoney has had the possibility to use Winamp's.." I thought I'd correct the Money to Monkey, but it is probably written by an administrator so I can't edit that section. (I can edit further down the page)

Much nice work there!
Morten

Post by Morten »

You can edit it, but it's not a section-edit. Press the tab which is called Edit-instead.

Note; Don't use un-needed images in the wiki's. I've deleted many entries which contains the stunning amount of 32-mediamonkey heads (!). Use normal sepereators "----" instead.
Best regards,
Morten
nojac

Post by nojac »

Morten wrote:Note; Don't use un-needed images in the wiki's. I've deleted many entries which contains the stunning amount of 32-mediamonkey heads (!). Use normal sepereators "----" instead.
Are the heads you've deleted the "Monkey bar"? ("Add Your Tip Here always add double lines after your tip, or use the monkey bar image." )
Morten

Post by Morten »

Yes, it is. We don't need more images than necessary. And 32 monkey-heads is in my opinion very un-necessary, and quite frankly annoying.
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the fill in here pages were done so the un logged in users don't get that annoying message of log in to edit.

90% of the visits would like to see a page even if it has no info on it other then to say how to fill in the page when logged in.

the monkeybar seporator image for different page sections adds a bit more of a media monkey touch wheather you thought so or not. only since jiri has said the wiki system works better with the dotted line section seportator for the pages. then i use the monkeybar on my own profile pages.

and will use the dotted line seporator for the different sections but some one keeps deleteing the that cause they don't like it.

unlike others i wont say who.
but you know.

the linking to my page was to not fill up the wiki server with skin files i think i said so to you in the email steegy.?
and i only put my screen shots there. which is what you did on mm2 page you had the screenshots there and the skin files on your server..
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
drichm

Wiki Forum

Post by drichm »

Suggestion:

Create a new forum for Wiki comments/guidelines/references. This thread is going to get pretty long otherwise.

Dave
Bex

Post by Bex »

@MM-Staff,

It would be a good thing to link to the Wiki from:
- The main web site (developers section)
- The sticky "MediaMonkey Development www page" in the scripting forum
- Perhaps also in the FAQ

It became quite obvious that the links where missing when I tried to get to the Wiki from a computer where the site wasn't bookmarked. I actually had to search for this thread to find it.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@MM-Staff,

A wiki subdomain ( http://wiki.mediamonkey.com ) would be helpful too.
(It's like that for the forum and the FAQ)