3.0.0.1066: Artist & Album Artist node, Composer [3468]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lewd

Post by Lewd »

I have just had the same thing after installing latest build. I used to use the plain old "artist" node, but now NO tracks appear when I click on an "artist", I have to go to the "album artist" node or "artist & album artist" node. All handy I guess but how do I fix the "artist" node? I could go back to previous build I spose.
metalewd

Post by metalewd »

Now that's just too weird! In "artist" node, I was clicking on the artist and getting no response....I DOUBLE CLICKED on the artist and lo and behold that artist's albums suddenly appeared locked in with the little plus sign .....sooooooooooooo....do I have to double click on all 3500 artists now??? BTW LOOOVING MM3 can't wait til its all perfect and stuff...

Post by Guest »

I am so confused!!!! So not being a gold member, which I will happily become, I was just waiting for the final version, always seems safer. Anyway - this whole new Artist/Artist Album node is a bit of overkill. Instead of just like 5,000 artists I now triple that with Artist/Artist Album entries, it's overkill for me and takes to long to find what I want. Plus, like someone else said, a lot of those are just empty. Besides going gold has anyone found a way to show just a separate ARTIST only node?
snacks

Post by snacks »

Same guy as "guest" above, forgot to sign in. I guess the easiest solution for me would be just create an "Artist Only" node. Does magicnodes work with MM3? Thanks for any help.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

MM3 will allow you to choose which nodes you want to see. Including the choice for Artist, Album Artist, (All) Artists nodes.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
snacks

Post by snacks »

Again, I prove to be an Idiot! Thanks, fixed it!
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

Certainly for me something went wrong with the database upgrade from A7 to A8 because I have no sub folders under Artist & Album Artist, until I edit the properties of a track and then double click on the Artist & Album Artist again.

Seems like I will be best of rescanning :(
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

This bug will be fixed in next release.
doubledoom

Post by doubledoom »

It just happened to me with 3.0.0.1081

Artist node shows composers as well as artist.
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

I see the same problem in the current beta3 release. alot of empty artist node points.

One is...

"Aaron Neville/Art Neville/Charles Neville/Cyril Neville/Renard Poché/Tony Hall/Willie GreenT"

Yet its empty. MM3 is looking good thou, nice work guys!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Have you tried using a 'clean' database? I mean, deleteing/renaming the 'old' database likely left from previous betas, and then starting monkey back up allowing it to create a new database.

I don't suffer from this anymore, so it doesn't seem to be a universal bug, something more specific to you guys, you know? (thus my mentioning the Database)
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

Converted from a MM2.5 to a B3 database, no previous betas installed.
nojac

Post by nojac »

The database converter does not seem to work 100% yet.

I had this issue too on MM3 B3. It didn't bother me too much since I use Magic Nodes. But the composers disappeared after I made a clean database.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Just to note, I don't recieve this bug with a Clean Database, nor a 2.5->3.0 Database. :\
rusty

upgrade issues

Post by rusty »

Just to note, I don't recieve this bug with a Clean Database, nor a 2.5->3.0 Database. :\
Yes, the fix assumes that you delete any problematic databases generated by previous beta builds. i.e. the final build should support:

1) upgrade from MM 2.5
2) clean install

-Rusty