Added MiniPlayer and MicroPlayer

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

What do you think about Glided (skin in v3.0)

You may select 1 option

View results

Morten

Post by Morten »

Stop-button; Any ideas on how to implement it smoothly?
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the skin is fine in height to me when i look at it on 1600 x 1200

it needs to be bigger to be readable and so do the fonts.

try the button in a button and see if that is smooth and stable
yet?

it is easier on round buttons but can use other shapes.

just make 5 round images 3 black 2 white. step them down
in size largest one is black then a smaller white then a smaller black then the smaller white then the last one is the smallest black area for the button to click on.

you then stack them on top of each other and set the buttons where they need to be. this will give you a round ring for the outter button and the middle button is normal.

i tried that once but it was unstable either i messed it up or the skin messed it up. but it did not work.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
judas

Post by judas »

rovingcowboy wrote:the skin is fine in height to me when i look at it on 1600 x 1200

it needs to be bigger to be readable and so do the fonts.

try the button in a button and see if that is smooth and stable
yet?

it is easier on round buttons but can use other shapes.

just make 5 round images 3 black 2 white. step them down
in size largest one is black then a smaller white then a smaller black then the smaller white then the last one is the smallest black area for the button to click on.

you then stack them on top of each other and set the buttons where they need to be. this will give you a round ring for the outter button and the middle button is normal.

i tried that once but it was unstable either i messed it up or the skin messed it up. but it did not work.

8)
???????

i just got home from a party...but, i think i wont understand tomorrow either (and not just because the hangover). @morten as I said before I liked what you did at the very beginning, but I now know it doesn't really work as you aren't taking it into account.

Anyway, my girlfriend ( :oops: :oops: ) she's a graphic designer so I can ask for her opinion if you wish...maybe she can figure something out! As I said before, I'm an engineer and I think we don't really have good taste...we just find beauty in things that work logically so I'm not good help designing UI :-)
Cheers, judas
Morten

Post by Morten »

That would be great. :)
Best regards,
Morten
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Judas wrote:I'm an engineer and I think we don't really have good taste...we just find beauty in things that work logically so I'm not good help designing UI :)
I know the feeling :wink:

BTW: You should be ashamed to not have a girlfriend, instead of being ashamed because you have one.

Cheers
Steegy (:oops:)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

- Stop-button added into all player levels.
- Better top window-border.
- Vertical MicroPlayer.
- Optimzations in coloring and gradients.

Available in Beta 2;
http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... _Debug.exe
Best regards,
Morten
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Sneaky Morten, very sneaky :wink:. Took me a few moments but I finally found the Stop button in Full Mode. Nice idea & I like the new touches.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Hehe, nice to hear ;)
Best regards,
Morten
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

Here's a niggle...The background color of hilited text in the Search box is too dark - I can't read the text unless I'm straight-on with my LCD screen.

:)
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Could you show me with a screenshot?
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

that is a nice job and idea for the stop button. took me 45 seconds to find it.

but still this is not to upset you morton but the buttons for the next and previous.

you know they are hard to see on the main player for me right.
i thought it was this old card, but the new micro player you did
the same buttons and the other gray buttons are 5 to 8 times brighter and very easy to see even on this old card? i wonder what is up with that?
:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

Small point, the header borders depth is different for the 'now playing' option (thinner) than library view modes.
ZeusII

Post by ZeusII »

I'd love to see a microplayer that fits on "Windows Classic" taskbar with making it larger :)

Also, microplayer doesn't shows when using non-skinned build
Morten

Post by Morten »

Anonymous wrote:Small point, the header borders depth is different for the 'now playing' option (thinner) than library view modes.
Actually, this how it should be. The uncocked Now Playing-window is thinner because it's not a main-window as the settings and such.

@Rovingcowboy; I'll look into it. 8)
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ZeusII wrote: Also, microplayer doesn't shows when using non-skinned build
this is not surprising since the micro player is only on skinned players. 8)