Added MiniPlayer and MicroPlayer

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

What do you think about Glided (skin in v3.0)

You may select 1 option

View results

stubble

Post by stubble »

Nice work, morten. THANK YOU.

I have a couple of observations (I have not looked at beta 2 yet):

The full-view player is so huge along the bottom of the screen, it takes up a lot of real-estate that I'd prefer to have for music listings. Is it possible to make the player movable/dockable to another column, like the left column?

The play button is so big, and the volume so small and off in the corner. I use the volume 100x more often than play, and the next/prev more often too.

Anyway, just my wishes. Thanks again.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay i'll see if i can help morton on your questions so he don't have to stop working. :D

ain't i the slave driver :P 8)

but the player is made large for the larger screens to have some what of a good area to click on.

800 x 600 will look huge.

640 x 480 will look like you only have the player on screen.

if you have any reason for playing monkey when doing other chores on the computer, then there are two other options to use.

find the button in the upper right hand cornor of the theme list view (by the exit button.) that allows you to choose either the mini or the micro player and you can use them if you need to
use the computer while playing.

the mini player is a floating player that stays on screen you can move it around and in most skins you can stretch it or srink it in size by the left right draging of the right hand side of the player.

the micro player when used will be a little player placed on the task bar. unknown if morton has yet, added the vertical micro player or not. but the micro player shows up best if on xp you allow the task bar to hide all unused icons in the system tray.

the micro player will show all the screen you want or need for use of other programs.

the main player that shows when you start media monkey is
just there if you want to use monkey's list views and other theme options while playing music, you can even hide the main player if you don't want to play music at the time and just want to work on the lists.

if you want to use the main view all the time then i suggest looking in the artwork forum for the mm 2 skins thread. in there you will find links to other mm 2 and mm 3 skins.

or you can look in any of steegys messages at his signiture and click on the link to the monkey's wiki site for skinning.

you can find how to make your own skin and you can find all the mm2 and mm 3 skins listed with a screen shot and link to download or to where you can download them.

so you can see the way the main player looks when in use.
i would do that. and find a skin you like.

mm 2 skins only have the main player and no other choices for playing it.

okay i went and got the link for you.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Skinning
8) :wink:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Smaller player for the release v3.0? No. A variant of this skin in a smaller edition? Perhaps.

However, for big screens this is perfect to view a lot of information in one player.
Best regards,
Morten
Stubble

Thanks

Post by Stubble »

Thank you both for your replies!

I run two 1600x1200 monitors, with MM full-screen on one. So it's not a lack of pixels, it's just that the current player doesn't make the best use of them. There's definitely a lot of information there, and I love that, but unless the song has a really long name, there's a 1-inch by 8-inch strip along the bottom of my screen that's empty, and could have more song listings instead.

It's amplified by the controls being at opposite ends, and that the common ones I use (next, volume) are among the smallest.

(screenshot)

Thanks for taking my comments, and thanks again for the work on this skin.
Morten

Post by Morten »

And that's why I perhaps will team up with a scripter to use that area for either;
1) Lyrics
2) Playlist
3) Other suggestions?

And the user will be able to switch between those and disable that field if she/he wants to.
Best regards,
Morten