iPod Classic support - You can test it!

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jiri

iPod Classic support - You can test it!

Post by jiri »

I have implemented the needed changes in the iPod plug-in so that it supports iPod Classic and 3rd gen Nano now. You can download it from (link deleted, you can get the latest version of the plug-in when you install the latest MM 3.0 release).

I haven't even tested it myself, because my testing iPod won't arrive until end of the week, so keep in mind that it's a testing version only!

Jiri

P.S.: It will work only with MM 3.0.

Update 1: The 3rd gen Nano finally arrived and so I have corrected some minor problems in the plug-in. You can find it at the same link above, it works fine for me, but keep in mind that it's just a testing version! Known problems:
1. Album Art doesn't work at all, I'll try to fix it asap.
2. It was tested with my iPod only yet.
3. Not tested for regressions, there can be some problems with older iPod models.
Let me know if it work for you and in case of problems please e-mail me your iTunesDB file created by iTunes.

Update 2: Unless there's a bug, now it should all work. This update (uploaded to the location above) contains:
1. Added support for album art, everything (including cover flow) should work well now.
2. Fixed syncing of more than about 150 files caused the DB to be unreadable.
3. Added support for iPod Classic - everything including album art should work there, but since I don't have one, I couldn't have tested it.[/i]
Last edited by jiri on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Wow, that was fast!
A bit bold to release an untested plug-in. Even more impressive if it works! :wink:
I don't have an iPod but I'll follow this thread to see how the plugin works.

Great job, Jiri!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
TheInspiration

Post by TheInspiration »

Just got done trying to sync one song to my 80gb Classic. No luck though.
- Victor
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Same here. I just tested with a reseted iPod Classic 160GB. Unfortunately it didn't work yet.

But it's really cool how fast you are! :D
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

Post by Guest »

I just tried with a new nano and its a no go. Same situation as before.

Re: iPod Classic support - You can test it!

Post by Guest »

jiri wrote:I have implemented the needed changes in the iPod plug-in so that it supports iPod Classic and 3rd gen Nano now. [...]
P.S.: It will work only with MM 3.0.
Hi Jiri,

will there be a plugin for the mediamonkey 2.x also?

Thanks,
Michael
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, thanks for testing, I guess it will be better to wait for my testing unit - I'll hopefully get it tomorrow.

I don't know yet if we'll make 2.x version of the plug-in, it also depends on the complexity of needed changes.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

any luck so far?, I have one of the new ipod nano, and after three days of use, I'm sick of this bloody fu*** itunes, it does suck this thing, I want to go back to my beloved mediamonkey!.. :-)

Thanks for the effords jiri, if you need any testing or data from other ipod 3g don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
fabman

Post by fabman »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sorry, that was me, I forgot to login.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Well, until I get the unit, you can try to e-mail me a debug log when iPod is connected and possibly also iTunesDB file created by iTunes (with a single file uploaded to iPod0.

Jiri
fabman

Post by fabman »

Sure, no problem, I'll wipe out my ipod and I'll upload the single mp3 to that ipod name, but... how do I get the debug log from the ipod?.

fabian

jiri wrote:Well, until I get the unit, you can try to e-mail me a debug log when iPod is connected and possibly also iTunesDB file created by iTunes (with a single file uploaded to iPod0.

Jiri
Bex

Post by Bex »

It's MM's debug log Jiri wants, read here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=341
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Michael Vogel

Post by Michael Vogel »

Not sure, if this link has already been posted and/or may help...

http://pastebin.wtbw.co.uk/72

Post by Guest »

jiri wrote:Ok, thanks for testing, I guess it will be better to wait for my testing unit - I'll hopefully get it tomorrow.

I don't know yet if we'll make 2.x version of the plug-in, it also depends on the complexity of needed changes.

Jiri
Hopefully you are successfull, Jiri :wink:

And if so, a plugin for the one and only official release -- version 2.5 -- would be great :)

Thanks!
jiri

Post by jiri »

So the iPod is finally here! There were just small problems in my previous fix, so I got it quickly working. See the first post in this thread for more details.

Jiri

P.S.: I must admit that it's a nice device. I probably won't use it much (mobile phone is better as a mp3 player for me), but it's nice anyway.