Creating Ipod playlists

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

BillMc

Creating Ipod playlists

Post by BillMc »

I'm using MM Gold 3.0.0.1081 Beta. How do I create a playlist directly on my Ipod, of music that is already on the Ipod. It seems that if I select tracks on the device and send them to a playlist, the resulting playlist is in MM, not on the Ipod. Then, if I "send" the playlist to the Ipod, I lose the album art on the Ipod and it creates duplicate entries of the songs.
BillMc

more on Ipod playlists

Post by BillMc »

Since it appears that you can not use MM to create a playlist on the Ipod, without creating it in the library, I created playlists on my Ipod using iTunes. But then when I sync the Ipod, MM removed the playlists I created on the Ipod. There should be an option to sync music without playlist sync.
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Use the auto sync feature of mediamonkey, or create the playlist in mediamonkey and use right click, send to ipod on the playlist.
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

Spazz wrote:Use the auto sync feature of mediamonkey, or create the playlist in mediamonkey and use right click, send to ipod on the playlist.
That still creates the duplicate songs issue. in my collection i sync 8425 songs. if i create a 20 song playlist that playlist is also synched and dupes of the files are synced rasing the resultling count of files from 8425 to 8445. at because MM can't sync well yet. may be a bug their still working out. but it existed in 2.5 also.
rusty

Duplicate Songs when synching playlists

Post by rusty »

Synching playlists should _not_ create duplicate tracks. Here's what you do:

a) Define which tracks you want to synch in the auto-sync list and auto-sync them
b) Create your playlists in MM
c) Add playlists that you want to sync to your auto-sync list and sync them
-->Playlists should sync and no duplicates created.

The only time dups are created is when you _manually_ sync content that is already on the iPod. In that case MM doesn't yet recognize if a track on the iPod is the same as one being synced. We haven't attached too high a priority to this because Manual Sync is intended for occasional/temporary synchronization operations, however, it seems that this causes a fair bit of confusion...

-Rusty
GustavoBra

Re: Duplicate Songs when synching playlists

Post by GustavoBra »

rusty wrote:Synching playlists should _not_ create duplicate tracks. Here's what you do:

a) Define which tracks you want to synch in the auto-sync list and auto-sync them
b) Create your playlists in MM
c) Add playlists that you want to sync to your auto-sync list and sync them
-->Playlists should sync and no duplicates created.

The only time dups are created is when you _manually_ sync content that is already on the iPod. In that case MM doesn't yet recognize if a track on the iPod is the same as one being synced. We haven't attached too high a priority to this because Manual Sync is intended for occasional/temporary synchronization operations, however, it seems that this causes a fair bit of confusion...

-Rusty

I did that and still got duped files. This is what II did:

1) Restored iPod to factory with iTunes;
2) On Mediamonkey autosynched a large playlist (5919 tracks)
3) Created a new playlist with 7 songs called "Test" and autosynched that.
4) Now I have 5926 tracks annd 7 duplicated files.

Any ideas?

Thank!
Lowlander

Re: Creating Ipod playlists

Post by Lowlander »

How exactly did you do the second sync?