Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

donector

sound card changes + Album Art cover displaying

Post by donector »

thanks for rc2
:)
great job lads,

got some issues with album covers and the sound cards integration with windows - xp pro:

there are some problems with the COVER + details view:

when there's more than 1 album being shown, and i add the cover to a given album:
- it takes really long to show/refresh the covers, even after it has finished storing the images inside all the album mp3 (they can appear about 30"later, sometimes they do not seem to show at all), i try refreshing with f5 but that doesn't seem to work
--when this happens, if i check the properties i can see the covers are there, but while at this view, even if i right click it on the "no cover symbol" it would still behave as there's no cover, i mean it doesn't show the cover options (only the add image function)
- the cover in this view seem only to be refreshed when i change nodes from the tree, and return to where i was before

now about the sound cards:
i have a portable pc (with its own sound card) and use an usb external sound card (actually it is inside my mixer: http://www.numark.com/dm950usb[/url])

whenever i plug or unplug any external usb sound card, ms windows changes automatically the new default sound card to use...

however mm3 rc doesn't follow the system change and becomes useless, the only way it refreshes the current sound card to use is restarting it...not quite comfortable way to solve it

with mm2, whenever i changed windows default sound card, mm would use the newly set sound card; but as i said this one loses track to what sound card to use, an nothing happens

note: the swithching from sound card on mm2 takes effect while stopped or in between songs, if the change happened while playback, naturally it'd keep playing for instance the internal sound card until the next song comes, when it'd start using the external sound card