Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing (MM 3.0.x)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

r00t

Post by r00t »

Well, I tested ir for some days. The only things that I found are that it sometimes doesn't scrobble some songs and that a song that I've just listened shows as listened 33 or so minutes ago in my profile page. Everything else worked for me.
Sblast

Post by Sblast »

Amazing.
Thank you so very much.

But it does not seem to work for me L:S
It does not scrommble..
dizzel

Post by dizzel »

Plugin does not work properly to me. Every time it shows only now playing track on my last.fm page but previous tracks are not scrobbled. Each time in log-file apears string "Last.FM Track Submission: No need To Submit". All tags are set. Don't have any idea why tracks are not scrobbling.

I'm using MM v. 3.0.3.1175, OS - Windows XP prof. SP3.
ojoblindado

Re: Announcement: Native Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing

Post by ojoblindado »

The scrobbler is not working.
It seems to be correctly installed, But my profile page on last.fm just doesn't update. Actually, the recent played tracks field is missing. Any idea why is this happening?

I'm using Media Monkey Gold 3.0.3.1183 on Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP 2, in an Intel pentium 4, running at 3.00 Ghz, with 1 GB RAM.
pcorneillie

Post by pcorneillie »

I'm using MM 3.0.3.1183 and installed the plugin.
Result is no information is transmitted.
If I leave the plugin and reinstall the old scrobbling DLL, only the "now playing" track is shown. The moment a new track is played, the old track is gone and only the new track is displayed.

I do not see anything in the last.fm player running.

I had to remove the plugin (by removing it via the options and the DLL but the item in the menu was still there) before everything was working again.

I'm really happy that a good plugin is on it's way, and glad to help if usefull.

Running MM 3.0.3.1183 on Vista

Pieter
---
Pieter
www.pieter.rg
trstn

Post by trstn »

Fantastic, adding the link between auto-dj and last.fm is possibly the best feature you could possibly have added for me. I use linux sometimes, play music with Amarok and that's got the same auto playlist/last.fm deal and I've so missed in windows. Adding this has made MM my full time audio player. Nice
Danzig

Post by Danzig »

thanks so much! :)
vbfischer

Post by vbfischer »

Cannot get this to install.

I download this:
Last.fm_Scrobbler_1.0.1.12.mmip

when I run, it asks me to install, I click "Install Now".

It responds:
Error
Product installation error.

MediaMonky version: 3.0.3.1183
Gold

Thanks.
sakurakessho

Post by sakurakessho »

I think its very apparent now that the plugin doesn't work and is in fact broken. :x
*MM Gold as of 04.23.08*
bFunk

Post by bFunk »

sakurakessho wrote:I think its very apparent now that the plugin doesn't work and is in fact broken. :x
I have no idea what you're talking about, because I've been using this exact plugin for the one and a half month or so. The only real problem I've been facing is the fact that my tracks are scrobbled in the future, which sometimes causes last.fm to trash submitted tracks under "spam" protection. I've installed the plugin when using one of the earlier 3.0 beta releases and it kept working after upgrading to every new release of MM betas up to the current 1183.
vbfischer

Post by vbfischer »

vbfischer wrote:Cannot get this to install.

I download this:
Last.fm_Scrobbler_1.0.1.12.mmip

when I run, it asks me to install, I click "Install Now".

It responds:
Error
Product installation error.

MediaMonky version: 3.0.3.1183
Gold

Thanks.
Well, to answer my own question, I noticed I had the following file in my plugins folder:
gen_LastFMScrobbler.dll

Must have been from a previoius install. I removed that, then it installed fine.
soarous

Post by soarous »

Have we ever found a work around for the "only sending to now playing" problem that this plugin seems to encounter?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Is this now native to MM?
bFunk

Post by bFunk »

I'm still wondering whether the future posting/scrobbling will be solved (ie. track listened in 30 minutes)? Because this sometimes causes a batch of tracks to be scratched as last.fm considers them spam.

Does anyone else have a solution for this?
nerothnis

Post by nerothnis »

Hi

I love your Plugin! But there is a little bug, i think. I Think the Plugin uploads the timestamp of the GMT because the tracks are viewed in a future time on my Last.fm profile. I wrote with a technican and he agree, that this could be the problem... My system time is right...

Could that be?