where the heck is the old embedded MM player??

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

spacekris

where the heck is the old embedded MM player??

Post by spacekris »

i am testing 1140 right now.

i am NEVER using skins, so this new player "solution" is desastrous.

first, it eats up useful space because its so big.
and where is the - whats the name - spectrometer, the visual pendant to the sound, the bouncing girders...

and where i can regulate the balance??!

this is really bad. i really dont know what the developers are thinking. maybe that all people like visual skincrap??
there is a reason why people dont use winamp & bloats!

:evil:

please an option for the 2.x player!

/:edit:
ok no size issue anymore, but please add balance / visual / kbps (espacially needed when vbr!).
Last edited by spacekris on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Well the old non-skinned player from MM2 WAS a skin. I've replicated it in XP here.
This is just FYI, I know this does not solve your specific problem.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

nohitter151 wrote:Well the old non-skinned player from MM2 WAS a skin. I've replicated it in XP here.
a skin? mine looked like this:

but the skins that you linked have fixed color? or does it change with my desktop colors?

and skins slow down the app & use memory.

i simply want a nonskinned 3.x with the player like before.

@developers: will there be an option please?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Can't you choose Override skin theme with windows system theme?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

@spacefish: there is NO skin to override.

i want the old player without any skin.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

spacekris wrote:@spacefish: there is NO skin to override.

i want the old player without any skin.
Okay. I don't really understand the problem then. If you have no skin to override, what do you want to do? Perhaps if you posted a screenshot of what you have NOW -- what you don't like -- it would be more clear. I do know of at least one person here that is using MM3 unskinned. I'll see if I can find that post.

Here it is. No shot of the player though, I'm afraid.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

this is now:

and to see what a waste of space it is (i have a 22" screen),
here is the original size of the NON-skinned default player:

spacekris

Post by spacekris »

thx for the link spacefish, now i actually found out that you can still move it to make it smaller, ups.
didnt work when i tried before :oops:.

so ok the space issue is solved.

still there is no visual index of playing the sound and no balance in the player and NO showing the kbps not to forget!! which is for me really important for checking the quality!
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Oh, yeah, now I see the player on that link I posted. Hard to make out (I like the skins!) in the unskinned version. I'm afraid I don't know about the balance sliders, etc. I'm a fairly new user. I agree it would be nice for those who want to use the unskinned player that they have all the options available to them.
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

spacekris wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Well the old non-skinned player from MM2 WAS a skin. I've replicated it in XP here.
a skin? mine looked like this:

but the skins that you linked have fixed color? or does it change with my desktop colors?

and skins slow down the app & use memory.

i simply want a nonskinned 3.x with the player like before.

@developers: will there be an option please?
What I'm trying to say is that the player part of MM2 IS a skin, while the rest of the application matched the windows theme.

tooscaredtotry

Post by tooscaredtotry »

spacefish wrote:Oh, yeah, now I see the player on that link I posted. Hard to make out (I like the skins!) in the unskinned version. I'm afraid I don't know about the balance sliders, etc. I'm a fairly new user. I agree it would be nice for those who want to use the unskinned player that they have all the options available to them.
Don't expect a lot of sympathy here--I've been complaining about the quality of the non-skinned player for a long time now.

You can move the player bit like this:

and it should be a little more familiar and not waste so much space (this is how I have it on my 24" monitor).

It's a little screwy to drag around so you can end up with it covering other bits. Annoying. Won't let me take a screen shot when it's like that either (???).
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

tooscaredtotry wrote:Don't expect a lot of sympathy here
Why would I expect sympathy? I would never use the unskinned version even if I thought it was set up satisfactorily. I like shiny. :wink:
WebNodes
tooscaredtotry

Post by tooscaredtotry »

Ooops, quoted the wrong person. Your names are too similar!

Also, I'll add that the sliders are the button right above the play button.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

spacekris wrote:thx for the link spacefish, now i actually found out that you can still move it to make it smaller, ups.
didnt work when i tried before :oops:.

so ok the space issue is solved.

still there is no visual index of playing the sound and no balance in the player and NO showing the kbps not to forget!! which is for me really important for checking the quality!
Also you can show the kbps in a column (right click the columns to add or remove).

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

non skinned is the way it is now because it is more of a ture NON skinned player then the one in mm 2 was.

as nohitter151 said mm 2 was a skin. it was the old winamp luna skin.
which is why the visuals were there.

if you want visuals i'd use milkdrop or one of them. or find a winamp visual plugin that might work? MIGHT being the keyword?

8)

you appear to be on a vista machine? so don't give us the crap bout the skins taking up too much ram. its vista that hogs the ram.

add in as much ram as you can and then get a ram cleaner that works in vista. check the requirements for vista on how much ram it needs. the min.. for winXp is 160 mbs and that will only get you windows xp working. any other software added will need more ram. so a good working min.. for xp machines is 768 mbs of ram or more.

if you got vista on less then 768 mbs of ram then you are not using the proper amount. tweak and max that system out. and don't worry about the ram .

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.