Songs-DB crashes on exit with CDG plugin

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Tim

Songs-DB crashes on exit with CDG plugin

Post by Tim »

Hello,
I've been testing your Beta. I found that when I use the cd+g plugin for winamp 2 from this site:

http://pages.infinit.net/belier/cdgplugin.exe

Songs-DB always crashes on closing Songs-DB. It does this both on my Windows XP and Win98 computers. When I remove the plugin from the directory, Songs-DB no longer crashes. The crashes on my Win98 computer are quite severe requiring a hard boot of the computer. Since I use this plugin to play Karaoke using your program, this is a huge deal for me. If this could be resolved in this Beta, that would be great.
Thanks,
Tim
rusty

Post by rusty »

Tim,

Thanks for the feedback. We're tracking the problem, but no guarantees for this release.

Rusty
Tim

Post by Tim »

Rusty,
By tracking the problem, do you mean that you can reproduce it? Thanks for your efforts developing this great program.
-Tim
rusty

Post by rusty »

I guess I was sort of vague... I can reproduce it, and have added it to the to do list, but the queue is fairly long and CD+G support isn't at the top ;-)

Glad to hear you're enjoying Songs-DB!

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

This issue should be resolved in Beta 4, although I don't actually have any CD+G cd's to test with.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Rusty,
I just verified that Beta 4 does indeed fix my crash problem with the CDG plug-in. Thank you very much! To show my gratitude, I just upgraded your great program to the Gold version. Thanks for your excellent support.
-Tim