Songs DB 1.4 tested but ????

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dzunko
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:50 am
Location: Bitola-Macedonia
Contact:

Songs DB 1.4 tested but ????

Post by dzunko »

Songs DB 1.4 is great.I tested build 503 and 506 and window is better ,player ,
EQ ,plugins ,tree etc :P .But I have one big problem:
I work in Win ME and install songs DB 1.4 in my computer.Everything works fine in WIN ME and datrabase works with any problem but when I put CD`s in my CD rom program don`t recognize that cd who whas before scan with older version Song DB 1.3.I Have 550 CD`s scan in WIN ME with Songs DB 1.3 and I no chance to work with version 1.4.
To solve that problem I try in Windows XP and resultats is:
In Windows XP I install version Songs DB 1.4 (506) and program open with any problem.My Database who whas created in WIN ME try to open with SDB 1.4 (I simple copy in folder DATA in Songs DB folder ) but I have another big problem and is that database not open and mySongs DB window blocks.This procedure I try maybe 10 times and resultats is same SONGS DB 1.4 canot open database file creted about 8 mounts in WIN ME in Windows XP with version SDB 1.4.
I see that problem not be that big if I have my collection in my computer but I have all my collections in CD`s and to do this must scan 550 cd`s in new version of Songs DB. ???? :cry: :cry: :cry:
If anybody must help me about this problem very thanks ,any time I still works with version 1.3
VERY THANKS FIRST TO CREATOR OF SONGS DB 1.4 (VERY NICE AND BEST COLLECTOR PROGRAM I HAVE SEE ) AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO READ THIS AND TRY TO HELP ME.
Ps (sorry about bad english)
rusty
Posts: 7329
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Post by rusty »

Someone else reported the same problem on W98. It's related to the fact that W98 and ME use a different Serial Number to identify media than W2k and WXP, and build 506 has some code to correct problems caused by this when users perform OS upgrades. Evidently, the solution is worse than the problem :(

We'll be tackling this one asap.

-Rusty
Peke
Posts: 13574
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Serial Numbers 1.3 <-> 1.4

Post by Peke »

I've had the sam eproblem but I was not migrated from OS.

Bug: I have Full working Library on 1.3 but when I copy it in data folder of 1.4 S/N can't recognise.

The Fix: Load Library in Access(2000 >), under Medias Table Copy 'Serials Numbers' Column of working Library over Column in unrecognised S/N Library and than it will work fine.

This Fix worked for me I'll Send bug report and fix to Rusty ASAP so it can be fixed.

Note: The Both librarys are the same lenght. The only thing that I Have done is Copy lib. from 1.3 data folder in 1.4 data folder (overwited) before start of 1.4; as of start 1.4 S/N was wrong until my fix. I'm using W98SE
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
rusty
Posts: 7329
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Post by rusty »

This issue should be resolved in Beta 4. See the installation instructions in the Beta 4 announcement for details.
Post Reply