1272 Won't remember sync settings or delete tracks

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

mhendu

1272 Won't remember sync settings or delete tracks

Post by mhendu »

I'm running Windows Vista x64 and have an iPod Touch. The latest Beta will not remember my auto-sync settings so I have to set them up all over again each time I start MediaMonkey. Also, it won't see the full database on the iPod - I copied over about 10 GB of music and two videos and all MediaMonkey sees are the two videos. Once video is in M4V format which is not by default set to not delete from the device yet when syncing it does not show up in the list of files to delete. The only thing that shows up to delete from the iPod is a playlist, I think an auto-playlist as I haven't set any up yet.
nohitter151

Re: 1272 Won't remember sync settings or delete tracks

Post by nohitter151 »

mhendu wrote:I'm running Windows Vista x64 and have an iPod Touch. The latest Beta will not remember my auto-sync settings so I have to set them up all over again each time I start MediaMonkey.
Is that with a new database? Because with my old one I have not seen that problem.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

mhendu wrote:I'm running Windows Vista x64 and have an iPod Touch. The latest Beta will not remember my auto-sync settings so I have to set them up all over again each time I start MediaMonkey.
Strange, there hasn't been anything changed in the last beta re auto-sync settings.
Do you remember which was the last version that worked for you?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Anyone else experiencing a loss of settings / db when upgrading to 1273 or later?

-Rusty
philippe-c

Post by philippe-c »

Yes, the sync doesn't work, I have ~9000 files. One time it copy 5000, one time 9000 and there is a lot of "doublon"
rusty

Post by rusty »

philipe,

Can you tell me:
-what iphone/ipod you're using? what firmware?
-what version of itunes
-what version of Mediamonkey
-does synchronization ever work? or it always fails? Does it fail at a specific track or does it vary randomly?

Thanks.

-Rusty