MM 4 Alpha Testing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Dreadlau

Re: MM 4 Alpha Testing

Post by Dreadlau »

I get a

Code: Select all

You are not authorised to read this forum.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Dreadlau wrote:
I get a

Code: Select all

You are not authorised to read this forum.
That's because it's posted in the moderators forum. Basically in that thread rusty says:
rusty wrote:That's incorrect information. As you all know, MediaMonkey 4 pre-release testing has yet to begin, so it won't be available on Amazon by the advertised date of Oct. 22.

I'll try to straighten it out with the distributor directly.

-Rusty
Later in the thread I suggested that they could get away with selling it because they could sell an actual key for MM4 which would be backwards compatible with MM3.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Thank you Nohitter.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
nysbigdave

Post by nysbigdave »

Any updates?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MaFt

Post by MaFt »

trixmoto wrote:No
Darn. You beat me to it!!
http://maft.co.uk
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

mm 3.2 was updated to 1301 so its getting closer to mm 4 testing. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

Are we looking at a Christmas release (or even better Thanksgiving!) for at least a beta version? I'm getting anxious to try out MM4!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As stated many time, no release dates are given, it's ready when it's ready. This is better than having a program with huge issues released on announced release date or having constant delays of announced release date. We'll just have to be patient.
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

I am very excited to try MM4. MM3 has become as familiar as a long-time friend to me, and while I'm immensely in love with it, I'm human and I want more :)
--
Ben
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

bmcclure wrote:I am very excited to try MM4. MM3 has become as familiar as a long-time friend to me, and while I'm immensely in love with it, I'm human and I want more :)
I second that. :)
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

:excited: :D
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Lowlander, I disagree, as a long time beta tester of many many different apps, I love to play with buggy apps long before they come out. They are not official releases, that is why they are labeled beta. Besides, the reason that the majority of companies out there have beta releases is because it cuts troubleshooting time down significantly, which than allows for a quicker release to the general public.

Either way Jiri posted on the 18th of October to have a release within a month, hopefully. Well it has been longer than that, so hopefully something will be out soon.
TankCR
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think there is a point to release a software with known serious issues to the public before going ahead and fixing these issues even if it's an alpha. That's not to say that Alpha/Beta software is not released with huge bugs, but they would be unknown. But if you have to fix it anyway you might as well do before the first public release.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

I suppose; however, it is very possible that multiple other bugs exist that are not known, and could be pointed out by beta testers.
TankCR