MM 4 Alpha Testing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

TankCR

MM 4 Alpha Testing

Post by TankCR »

I know the beta isn't out for consumption yet, but is there any chance that those of us crazy folks who don't care if it crashes our computers could get on an alpha testing list? I am guessing their would be quite a few folks that would jump at an opportunity like that.
TankCR
TankCR

Re: MM 4 Alpha Testing

Post by TankCR »

Shoot I would even be willing to compile it for myself if I had access to the code, lol...
TankCR
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

MM has done Alpha testing cycles in the past. Those come once a significant amount of development has taken place behind the scenes. Development on 4.0 is still relatively new. Just... wait.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

shoot I would be willing to test pre-apha builds, lol. build 1301 is 4 right? Or is it still 3? I want to get ahold of that if I can, it appears to be the build that MM incorperated the skip counter...
TankCR
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

kristopher.roy wrote:shoot I would be willing to test pre-apha builds, lol. build 1301 is 4 right? Or is it still 3? I want to get ahold of that if I can, it appears to be the build that MM incorperated the skip counter...
You can't. Just... wait.
jiri

Post by jiri »

We certainly plan to release MM 4 for testing as soon as possible. At this moment it really doesn't make any sense, since most of the changes are internal and there isn't much to test. However, things are going well and when some of the planned changes to the UI are made, we will release it for testing. Hard to tell how long will it take, maybe something like 2 months...

Jiri
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

jiri wrote:We certainly plan to release MM 4 for testing as soon as possible. At this moment it really doesn't make any sense, since most of the changes are internal and there isn't much to test. However, things are going well and when some of the planned changes to the UI are made, we will release it for testing. Hard to tell how long will it take, maybe something like 2 months...

Jiri
i'd love to test it for you guys again jiri. but i have to bow out of it this round again my systems are all mucked up well two of them are and i don't want to lose this one so no testing from me.

:(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Having a computer is no fun unless you muck it up frequently, lol.
TankCR
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

kristopher.roy wrote:Having a computer is no fun unless you muck it up frequently, lol.
well one dont have any usb controllers and lost the floppy drive drivers and is getting very iffy on starting and booting up. i'm trying to get all the stuff moved to this one before it stops booting and have to re install windows on it.

the other one is mucked up so bad i get a bsd of it stopped windows to protect my system.?? got a new mb cpu ram and ps in it and cant get in to load the new drivers for the new mb. might get it working but i got enough mucked up systems now. my signiture would include windows 7 but my sister won't use mm 3 on it cause she likes mm2. and i'm not putting that on windows 7 and mm 3 has just enough errors on windows 7 that she does not want that on it. so she is using the default mediacenter which i loath. she don't like it either but no others are here for me to put on i'm hopeful that mm 4 gets good working reviews with windows 7 so she will jump from 2 to 4. but not the test version, so i got enough fun don't you think? oh and thats just besides the errors on the jukebox which for some reason mm 3 is crashing now and then do to some memory error it causes on that system i don't think its mm's fault i think it might be bad hd sector.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Anyone know if MM4 is going to address some of the IPod management issues?
TankCR
Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

kristopher.roy wrote:Anyone know if MM4 is going to address some of the IPod management issues?
ipod management is dealt with in a plugin that comes in MediaMonkey, not the player itself as far as I'm aware so that's a bit of a knotty question

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Ya, I meant with the actual MM ipod controls. It is pretty buggy, and missing some options that only Itunes has for Ipod, I really hate switching over ever once in a while, but right now you pretty much have to!
TankCR
Greg Denning

Post by Greg Denning »

Is the new version going to address being able to burn/play/rip cd's in Win 7?

Can't wait to be able to use MM again
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Greg Denning wrote:Is the new version going to address being able to burn/play/rip cd's in Win 7?

yes.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Greg Denning wrote:Is the new version going to address being able to burn/play/rip cd's in Win 7?

I have Windows 7 x64 with MM 3.2 and don't have any problem doing any of the above?
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,