new build 1.555 replaces previous settings

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Felix Atagong

new build 1.555 replaces previous settings

Post by Felix Atagong »

Just installed the new build, but... as I started MediaMonkey it said it was the first time I ever used the program and wanted to check my disk (I refused), but wat was more annoying: my previous settings, in TOOLS, OPTIONS were all replaced by the original settings... :cry:

I'm actually busy restoring them now...

NP: The Orb, Auntie Aubrey's Excursions Beyond The Call Of Duty
Felix Atagong
http://atagong.com
rusty

MediaMonkey Replaces Previous Settings

Post by rusty »

Settings are stored in the MediaMonkey.ini file (or Songs-DB.ini file for Songs-DB). These settings are used by MediaMonkey if:
-when upgrading from Songs-DB, the user agrees to import the Songs-DB database
-when upgrading from MediaMonkey, a MediaMonkey.ini file already exists

My guess is that you probably uninstalled your previous version of MediaMonkey before installing the new one, thereby also removing the settings stored in your .ini file. Can you confirm that this is the case?

btw, in the future, we hope to allow settings to optionally not be deleted, even if MediaMonkey is uninstalled.
jaxjon

Post by jaxjon »

I had same problem as Felix. I did not uninstall MMonkey before. It was a bit of a chore to reset preferences.
:wink:
Jaxjon
rusty

configuration settings are overwritten

Post by rusty »

Perhaps instead of 'settings are used by MediaMonkey...' I should have written 'settings should be used by MediaMonkey...'

:oops:

-Rusty
Felix Atagong

Post by Felix Atagong »

jaxjon wrote:I had same problem as Felix. I did not uninstall MMonkey before. It was a bit of a chore to reset preferences.
:wink:
Jaxjon
Just to give a second confirmation, I didn't uninstall MM first, the settings were just resetted automatically. At least it left my brain untouched! 8)
Felix Atagong
http://atagong.com
rusty

configuration settings are overwritten

Post by rusty »

fyi, fixed in MediaMonkey 2.0.
tralla

Post by tralla »

Hi all,

installed MM-RC2 into a clean directory (I actually put RC1 into the Songs-DB directory alongside the old executables) and copied the .ini file from the old to the new directory. And - presto - all the settings are there. (Always make a backup... ;-) )

BTW, RC1 didn't ask me about an old Songs-DB either. Maybe due to my "dirty" install...

Cheers, Susanne