DLNA Experience

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: DLNA Experience

Post by Lowlander »

Mantis is a tool for the developers, not for users, but users are allowed to peek in. It states that it is resolved for 4.1, so it really doesn't matter which build they attach to it as that's for their own use for now as 4.1 isn't available and it probably will be a while before beta testing starts for 4.1. I don't understand why you need to be so aggressive on this and attack me for explaining it doesn't matter.
Dybro

Post by Dybro »

Lowlander wrote:Mantis is a tool for the developers, not for users, but users are allowed to peek in. It states that it is resolved for 4.1, so it really doesn't matter which build they attach to it as that's for their own use for now as 4.1 isn't available and it probably will be a while before beta testing starts for 4.1. I don't understand why you need to be so aggressive on this and attack me for explaining it doesn't matter.
Well, try read your two latest post. It is one sentence-posts saying absolutely nothing but that i shouldn't care. And you were for sure not explaining anything, only stating that I shouldn't care, and that was why I didn't like your posts!

But thank you for this latest post, it clarified some of my questions.
Sorry for seeming agressive, but I wasn't very happy with the tone in your posts either, so that was why.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I saw the posts last year regarding the DLNA Protocol Error (800), and I assumed it must have been resolved in MM updates.

Unfortunately I'm now seeing the same issue. I've just setup the media sharing for the first time and am using MM4 (build 1476). I can see the MediaMonkey server from my PS3, but once I browse to the shared folder it throws up the 800 error and no files are visible.

I changed the port to 4000, and can view it fine within MM itself. I've tried it with my PC's firewall turned off but it made no difference. I have a PS3 Media Server on my linux box which has no issues streaming video to the PS3.

Is there something I may have missed?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Nebbin wrote:I saw the posts last year regarding the DLNA Protocol Error (800), and I assumed it must have been resolved in MM updates.

Unfortunately I'm now seeing the same issue. I've just setup the media sharing for the first time and am using MM4 (build 1476). I can see the MediaMonkey server from my PS3, but once I browse to the shared folder it throws up the 800 error and no files are visible.

I changed the port to 4000, and can view it fine within MM itself. I've tried it with my PC's firewall turned off but it made no difference. I have a PS3 Media Server on my linux box which has no issues streaming video to the PS3.

Is there something I may have missed?
There must be some problem with your PC, I can stream from MM build 1476 to my PS3 without any problem.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Thanks for replying nohitter151.

Any idea what I may try looking for? Could it be a transmission rate issue, a port / security issue or something else less broad than my entire computer? At least I now know it's not a problem with MM itself.

My first thought is that it may be related to using wifi to connect my PC to the router, but I have no means of rectifying that.

I appreciate any and all help with this.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Nebbin wrote:Thanks for replying nohitter151.

Any idea what I may try looking for? Could it be a transmission rate issue, a port / security issue or something else less broad than my entire computer? At least I now know it's not a problem with MM itself.

My first thought is that it may be related to using wifi to connect my PC to the router, but I have no means of rectifying that.

I appreciate any and all help with this.
No, I don't think it's the wifi, my PC is connected to the router via wifi and even then only a wireless G signal.

Hard to say, because a google search only brings up relevant results from MediaMonkey - in fact an error that I observed during 4.0 alpha testing. But it's working okay for me now.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.