Bug: MM breaks Audible license [#8076]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

ui

Bug: MM breaks Audible license [#8076]

Post by ui »

There seems to be a bug in MM4.0.

The problem is with audio books from Audible.co.uk / audible.com.

The normal situation is as follows:
- every audiobook in an iPhone 4 is located in iPod -> More (bottom right corner) -> Audio books -> Audible -> titles -> parts

When the iPhone 4 is connected to MM4, the Audible folder drops:
- every audiobook in the iPhone 4 is located in iPod -> More (bottom right corner) -> Audio books -> titles -> parts

The books cannot be played anymore. I have to sync the iPhone with iTunes to get them working again.

Do you recognize this? Is there a way to solve this?

(Best would be to have MM work with Audible licenses... that would be really, REALLY great!)

[info]
PC with Intel core i7 860, 4GB RAM, some HDDs in RAID5 for storage, OCZ Vertex2 for OS, 2 optical drives (DVD/RW), Win7 Pro, SP1-NL, iPhone 4, latest MM build 4.0.0.1398)
Best regards,
Hans
Lowlander

Re: Bug: MM breaks Audible license

Post by Lowlander »

Did you check the Destination settings in the Device Profile to make sure the correct mask is used for audiobooks?
ui

Post by ui »

Lowlander wrote:Did you check the Destination settings in the Device Profile to make sure the correct mask is used for audiobooks?
I can see where you're getting at, but MM does not see the audiobooks on the iPhone. If I select my iPhone -> Audio Books, then that's completely empty. This is probably because MM cannot play the Audible .aa file format. That's just what makes this so weird: why would MM have this effect on files that it cannot play? Or is it the iPhone that tries to confirm the license, but can't confirm it, because MM does not support Audible licensing?
Best regards,
Hans
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying MediaMonkey is moving the audible files on the iPod?
ui

Post by ui »

I'm not sure -- I can't see where the Audible audio book files are located in the iPhone. I only can see that one part in the folder chain is missing after MM4 has been doing something. I guess it has to do with the audible license that cannot be verified by MM4, since MM does not support this. As soon as the iPhone "sees" that the license cannot be checked, the license is droped or whatever.

MM3 does not do this, by the way.
Best regards,
Hans
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case I advice to send a debug log to support and see if it shows what MediaMonkey might be doing: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
ui

Re: Bug: MM breaks Audible license [#8076]

Post by ui »

This isue was reported as Resolved, but it's not.
Audible-files still cannot be played when an iPhone 4 was connected to the pc while MM was loaded.
Best regards,
Hans
Peke

Post by Peke »

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8076 is not resolved lik e you pointed it failed on tests.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ui

Post by ui »

Peke wrote:http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8076 is not resolved lik e you pointed it failed on tests.
it was reopened. Yesterday, it was stated as Resolved.
Best regards,
Hans