[1408] DLNA Server not working for me

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

[1408] DLNA Server not working for me

Post by Guest »

I have started MM4 and enabled the DLNA server. However neither my iphone with ML Player nor my HTPC with XBMC can see the MM Server.
The same computer that runs MM4 also runs Twonky Server which is accessible on both ML Player and XBMC, so there is no general network problem.
I have also played around with firewall rules but nothing works.
What could be the problem? The DLNA option does not have that much options, but also in the log I can not see anything more than an access from 127.0.0.1
Should I also be able to access the MM Server via browser, so e.g. 192.168.1.98:47495? Because also that is not working.
Help appreciated! :-)
nohitter151

Re: [1408] DLNA Server not working for me

Post by nohitter151 »

You have to select what you want to share, maybe you didn't select anything in the options?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

That should not be the problem, I scanned some music and selected the music node under which I also see the music in MM.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

No, its not accessible via browser. You need a UPnP complaint application. It works fine for me in build 1411. I'm still not convinced you configured the media sharing - it's not enough to have scanned music into the MM library, you need to manually select which collections/playlists you want to share in the MM media sharing options.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Well I think I have. There is music that I scanned in my music node, and I selected that for the server:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check if another DLNA capable application on the same PC can see Media Monkey server. If that's not possible set the port to 4000 and try if MediaMonkey can see it's own Media Server.

Also your http://Your IP:Server Port (http://192.168.1.1:4000) should show you a 404 not found in your browser.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, works for me as well (tested with XBMC and MM build 1416).

-Rusty
Uzor55

Post by Uzor55 »

I had this problem of not being able to see media monkey dlna server with dnla control point or sync with app. I didn't think the network was a problem because I use plex without issue. It turned out that I had my second router (the one on wifi duty for the whole house) in the wrong operation mode. once it was configured as a relay everything became visible. hope that helps