[1433] timeline hover bubble hidden when Maximized

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Edgar

[1433] timeline hover bubble hidden when Maximized

Post by Edgar »

My Win7 display is all default standard (except color and Aero is off) and MM4 is all at default (non-skinned).

When I hover the mouse on the timeline looking for a specific time to click the popup bubble is hidden behind the Taskbar:

This does not happen with other apps (e.g. Audacity) -- when a bubble would normally appear out-of-frame it is forced to be inside the app's frame (though the result is sometimes strained/strange <grin>).

Wait--now I see the problem, when I click Maximize the MM window ends up too big--the bottom of the app's frame is hidden by the Taskbar. I think that is the real issue (although Audacity still gets the bubble in front of the Taskbar when Maximized would cause it to be in the Taskbar).

I'm not even sure how it got Maximized, I never did it intentionally--I always keep it as a non-Maximized window which is 99% full screen.
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
rusty

Re: [1433] timeline hover bubble hidden when Maximized

Post by rusty »

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, I can't replicate--when I maximize MM sizes correctly (actually it appears to be positioned correctly in your screencap as well), and when I hover over the seekbar, the time indicator does display.

Any more detailed info to replicate this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Might be an unskinned issue?
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Yesterday this was 100% repeatable (bubble hidden), today it is only happening about one time in 20! It only seems to happen (today) once, right after I Maximize, after it gets it right, it is always right, until I cycle through Restore/Maximize again.

As for the Maximized truncating the window:

the top image is Maximized, the bottom not. Note there is a 6 pixel strip missing off the bottom (of course, the frame is not drawn, but I did not count that in the measurement). In examining this, I also tried a few other apps (I never run Maximized so these were all virgin Maximizations), most apps worked fine (Windows Office 2010 64-bit, fileZilla, Tag&Rename & Audacity; one had problems--Chrome, and it was worse!
–Edgar

sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
Pman

Post by Pman »

I know what Edgar is saying, tooltips for seekbar is out of frame only if seekbar is near the bottom of the player. As an example to reproduce Rusty:

1. Get CoachUK's "UltraBlue" skin where the seekbar is right at the bottom of the player
2. Have MM in window view (notice tooltips appears out of frame)
3. Then maximise MM (notice tooltips still out of frame and underneath taskbar)

Hope that helps!
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
rusty

Post by rusty »

For some reason, I can't seem to replicate this. In any case, it seems really minor--nothing that would hold up the 4.0 release.

-Rusty
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

I agree about minor and not holding up 4.0, just thought it worth mentioning.
–Edgar

Pman

Post by Pman »

Yep also agree its not major at all so dont worry about it. Also it does show the tooltips eventually once you hover over another thing in the player so it's really a half problem.
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!