Auto-Organizer forced update file info from Tags

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

KJIACC

Auto-Organizer forced update file info from Tags

Post by KJIACC »

If the criteria of background auto-organize is a playlist, then sending a track in the playlist (and a corresponding change in the file path) is forced update file info from Tags after Add-Rescan [ins] (even if the library options to uncheck "Update file info from Tags").
Because of this, in my case, all information is lost in MKV files, introduced to the library by hand. And the next scanning or monitoring, respectively, did not properly organize files.
Win7 x64 Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz 3.07 GHz 8 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
4HD: (C:/D:/ - 1TB) (F:/ - 2TB) (G:/ - 2TB) (H:/ - 3TB)
Screen Resolution 1920x1080
MM runs as administrator.
I'm Tired to post messages using google-translator. I look forward to a forum for Russian-speaking users.
Devineme

Re: Auto-Organizer forced update file info from Tags

Post by Devineme »

I have a similar case I will enter here instead of a new topic.

I created collections for my media, audio video etc..
Media is added to collection based on criteria.

One of my collections is "Video (Unsorted)", that is MM recognizes the files as video and assigns them to this collection
when they do not meet any other collection criteria. This allows quick lookup and tagging of new videos.

I had downloaded some revision 3 videos in MP4. I tagged them manually and rescanned the library.
When I did, I found the videos using a search on Entire Library. The Tag info had been emptied out.
I re-tagged and rescanned. I have "auto organize" set to "auto during scans or edits" . As the scanner went over the files
with the Library filter still in place, I watched as each file's tag info was blanked out. After much trial and error I found
that turning off the Options - > Library -> "Update file info from Tags when rescanning.." corrected the situation.

Now I ask, should not MM know if the files had changed if it was the tag editor that had just edited the files?

BTW the I am using the MM4 4.0.2.1473
Thanks.

:D (FYI : Bugs or not, MM is still the best thing going!!) :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It would seem it is supposed to save the tags to the files: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... erties/4.0 If you disabled this though it would seem unsurprising that scanning can overwrite MM changes with actual tags (this depends also on timestamp option).
rusty

Post by rusty »

KJIACC, Devinem,

The issues sound very similar, but I can't replicate the problem. When I scan with build 1482 (auto-organize enabled), it doesn't modify the properties at all.

Could you replicate the bug and record it all with Jing?

Thanks.

-Rusty