MediaMonkey 2.0.2 Beta 3: No more monkeying around

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

MediaMonkey 2.0.2 Beta 3: No more monkeying around

Post by rusty »

MediaMonkey 2.0.2 Beta 3 (build 574) is our last beta for MM 2.0.2 and is ready for some weekend testing. Unlike previous betas, we've also slipped in a couple of new features: on the fly CD ripping and CD-TEXT support. We would very much appreciate your feedback on the features that are tagged with a '*' below.

As with any beta, keep in mind that this is pre-release software and may contain a number of bugs, some of which have not yet been discovered. The software is being provided for feedback and testing purposes, and is recommended for use only by advanced users who regularly test pre-release software. If you plan on testing it, take precautions to backup your data to protect against data loss during installation or usage.

What's new in build 574?
  • * Added on the fly encoding to speed up CD ripping
    * Added support for CD-Text for getting track data from Audio CDs
    - Added persistence of the last used scan settings (for Add Tracks...)
    - Re-ordered / renamed MP3 presets to make them more understandable
    * Fixed Add Tracks dialog which often failed to properly scan network drives
    - Fixed Add Tracks dialog which failed to select all children of a selected parent
    * Fixed playback of of enhanced CDs (no longer need to be added to the library)
    * Fixed Play All freezes on large directories that haven't refreshed in the tracklist
    - Fixed (auto) file renaming to directory paths that include a trailing '.'
    - Fixed order of drives listed in Locations node
    - Fixed MP3 ABR mono presets (they were stereo instead of mono)
    - Fixed problem with removing very large numbers of files from the Now Playing list
    - Fixed transposed Play Now options
Download
MediaMonkey 2.0.2 Beta 3: http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... _2_574.exe

Installation
Double-click the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions
Last edited by rusty on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Got it

Post by Lowlander »

I had to try 3 times to download this new beta, first 2 ended up with part of file when finished???

But installed and got it working.

3 things I noticed are:
Network scanning seems to work as it is supposed to in the "Add tracks" dialog (very happy).

MM gets info from freedb for cd's added, very nice. Unfortunately we are still not able to edit the songs in the CDripping window, but I did find a way around that: editing the properties of songs in the CD node in the My Computer tree. After that when you rip it will take over these new properties. I hope that a better solution will come soon, which would be especially useful for people without internet access while ripping. Unfortunately I'm wrong, only the song filename reflects these changes not the tags.

I also like the new MP3 settings menu in the CDripping dialog, very neatly organized (actually changed in a previous beta).

I'll be waiting for the next beta or full version to see what has been changed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Well Here it is partial Fix I'm Using for that :)))

1. Add CD to Lib
2. Edit Whatever I want (Even Library Name)
3. Rip The CD

It works ;)
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Re: MediaMonkey 2.0.2 Beta 3: No more monkeying around

Post by Guest »

rusty wrote: and CD-TEXT support. We would very much appreciate your feedback on the features that are tagged with a '*' below.

* Added support for CD-Text for getting track data from Audio CDs
Great news that you have added support for CD-Text! I have tested it on three Audio Compilation CDs. Twice it worked perfectly - if just a bit slowly. On the third CD, I received a duplicate track listing - IOW each track was listed twice in succession. When I removed the CD and inserted it again, the feature worked without any problem. Just so you know. Thanks again - this feature is top priority for me.

llwb
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks for the report, this problem has been already found and will be fixes in the next release.

Jiri
user3905

Play Files

Post by user3905 »

"Play Now" added all Files in the (virtual) directory to the winamp playlist and starts playing at the first title and not at the selected. This is not what I expected.
When I sorted Duplicate Titles is is contraproductive.
user3905

Properties Dialog

Post by user3905 »

I expect that pressing Enter will update the Field and close the Properties Dialog. Also on the Track #-Field. But on this field it doesn't work.

The Network-Files-Problem seems solved. I have Win98se and scanned a Network device served by Samba. The Network device was J: - But all files in the MM-Library had the device-Character I:. That's why I could not play or delete or synchronize the tags of them.
If I bound the Network-Device also on I: all fileoperations are successfull. MM crashes only, when I edited the files on "My Computer" -> "I:".

Ignoring this, MM is a great tool. The one I am always looking for. Thx :D
Lowlander

tip

Post by Lowlander »

One tip is to make sure that you have permissions to update files on the network drives. This is not always the case and MM doesn't warn you about this.
user3905

Editing Properties

Post by user3905 »

I found another Bug.
I edited in a subfolder of "My Computer" properties of some mp3s.
Sometimes the Track title is not updated.
I edited the file using Shift+Enter, 3 times tab, editing "Track title" , tab, editing "Artist"-field, enter.
Now there is only the Artist-field updated in the List. And calling the properties again say the same: the title is not updated.
The effect shows only the first time.
It could be possible, that the files had no mp3-tag. But I am not sure.
rusty

Re: Play Files

Post by rusty »

user3905 wrote:"Play Now" added all Files in the (virtual) directory to the winamp playlist and starts playing at the first title and not at the selected.
This was fixed in Beta 4.
rusty

Re: Properties Dialog

Post by rusty »

user3905 wrote:I expect that pressing Enter will update the Field and close the Properties Dialog. Also on the Track #-Field. But on this field it doesn't work.
This one slipped through. Thanks for the report--we'll try to fix it soon.