Setting Properties of titles has unexpected tab traversal!

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Tasuki Yamamoto

Setting Properties of titles has unexpected tab traversal!

Post by Tasuki Yamamoto »

Hi,

Just tried out latest beta of Media Monkey (Build 2.569). Amazing, even better than Songs-DB!

Small point: when setting properties of titles (by right clicking on one or more items in list window), the resulting dialog box (with fields for manually setting fields such as Album and Artist) has an unknown or non-existent tab behaviour. It can be a bit of a slow down having to switch back to mouse just to tab to the next field.

The checkboxes on that dialog are great by the way :) Obviously, someone did put some thought into it!

Tasuki.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I probably don't understand properly what you mean, when I open the Properties dialog the tab order of all controls seems to be correct. The only thing is that 'Auto-tag' and some other buttons don't allow to receive focus. Is that what you meant?

Jiri
Tasuki Yamamoto

Post by Tasuki Yamamoto »

Hi,

I mean ,

1) Select a song or song listing,
2) Right click and press 'Properties',
3) In default 'Basic' dialog tab, click on checkboxes next to fields of interest,
4) Type out some content into the text field of one of the fields not at the end of the dialog box,
5) Press tab key,
6) Start typing text (*expecting* all new content to go into the next text field down)

... only to find that in fact depending on what text you type it is used to select between the dialog tabs at the top of the dialog box ('b', 'd', 'c', 'i', 'l', 'v') or ignored.

Tasuki.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, I see what you mean. It works well when there is only one track selected because there are no check-boxes then. When there are check-boxes present, they also receive focus after you press 'tab' on an edit line. It would be possible to disable focus for them, but then users who would like to check/uncheck them using keyboard ('space' key) couldn't do it. I think it's better done the current way - you have to press 'tab' twice when editing properties for multiple tracks. Makes sense?

Jiri