UPNP Stopped working quite randomly.

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

MetalFrog

UPNP Stopped working quite randomly.

Post by MetalFrog »

I haven't changed any settings in MMW, but when I try to stream music on my device, I just get an "Access Denied" message when I connect to the server. I've tried clearing the cache on the app, and tried various configurations of sharing with all devices, allowing external IPs, and nothing seems to help.

A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
Lowlander

Re: UPNP Stopped working quite randomly.

Post by Lowlander »

Is the device enabled on the Devices tab?
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Lowlander wrote:Is the device enabled on the Devices tab?
Indeed.
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

From out of the box! I have trouble connecting with the mobile isp server from time to time, it is always some registry key is stuck someplace i cant find it but running the auslogics registry cleaner, always cleans it out, then i can get online,

Now what program is sticking the hotkey i dont know, but if you cant get to your server maybe it is the same type of issue on your system? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Any change in router/router firmware?
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

It's entirely local wi-fi, and no changes have been made to the router config. All of my hard-wired devices have static ips that haven't haven't changed.

Is there a way to clear out the device list and try accessing from scratch to go through the approval process again? I'm thinking there's something quirky going on with the permissions. I set up a second server, tried connecting to it, authorized it from MMW, and the list was again "Access Denied" on my device.

Appreciate the help, guys! Just trying to avoid a full wipe of my MM data and starting from scratch if I can avoid it.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

have you checked the device's firmware maybe it is messed up. i had the bios on this tower messed up and it wouldn't let me have access to the system only through safe mode. any thing like that able to happen on the device?? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.1 on my Kindle. Haven't flashed since early April, so that hasn't changed. I'm going to give a fresh start a shot and see what happens.

MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Installed the 5/5 build of MMW and it fixed itself.

/me shrugs

All good again (for now! dun dun dunnnnnn)