MM 2.0.2 (beta4) is here. Can you spell feature creep?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

MM 2.0.2 (beta4) is here. Can you spell feature creep?

Post by rusty »

MediaMonkey 2.0.2 Beta 4 (build 586) includes much more than we'd originally planned. A full list appears below. Hope you enjoy the new stuff.

As with any beta, keep in mind that this is pre-release software and may contain a number of bugs, some of which have not yet been discovered. The software is being provided for feedback and testing purposes, and is recommended for use only by advanced users who regularly test pre-release software. If you plan on testing it, take precautions to backup your data to protect against data loss during installation or usage.

What's new in build 586?
  • - Added ability to randomize AutoPlaylists so that they're different each time (Gold)
    - Added ability to limit AutoPlaylist time and/or size (MB) (Gold)
    - Added ability to do negative queries (e.g. does not equal, does not contain, etc.) (Gold)
    - Added progress bar for File Monitor (Gold)
    - Added View:Album Browser / Improved Get Track Details
    - Added Clean MP3 Tags functionality
    - Added Most-recently-used list to Send-to menu
    - Added Send-to functionality to tree nodes
    - Added Clear function to Search panel
    - Added <alt><enter> functionality to only play selected track only (vs. selected + subsequent tracks)
    - Added support for reading ID3v2.4 tags (writing not yet supported)
    - Fixed problems reading unicode tags
    - Fixed crash when adding children and collapsing folders in Add Folders dialog
    - Fixed stalls when reading incorrectly formed tags
    - Fixed tracks ripped to Virtual CD are missing tags
    - Fixed inability to convert tracks saved to the Virtual CD
    - Fixed confirmation dialog when volume leveling read-only files
    - Fixed Play Now with Winamp so that it also plays selected only/current + subsequent
    - Fixed 'CD-ROM device is presently unavailable' problem on some systems
    - Fixed occasional duplicate listings of CD tracks
    - Fixed unsynchronized tags node logic to show list based on Tag Configuration settings (see help)
    - Fixed rename filename confirmation dialog which appeared to change filename even on 'No'
    - Fixed Winamp emulation so that Evil Lyrics can be used with MediaMonkey
Download
MediaMonkey 2.0.2 Beta 4: http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... _2_586.exe

Installation
Double-click the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions
Last edited by rusty on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djMike

Post by djMike »

finally i ve checked every hour!!!
lets see what you have done!!!!
Louisa

Post by Louisa »

- Added ability to do negative queries (e.g. does not equal, does not contain, etc.) (Gold)
that is great!!!! the unicode though hasnt done many things (greek support)
everstranger

Installing over Gold version

Post by everstranger »

Does installing a beta version over the Gold version disable any Gold-specific features?
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, when you install any version over the previous one (without uninstalling it), there is no change in the license, you can still enjoy Gold features.

Jiri
Lowlander

Tip

Post by Lowlander »

EvilLyrics can be found on WinAmp at http://classic.winamp.com under plugins, just search for evillyrics.

You can try this link and see if it works:
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/brows ... TN24UYBCZQ

Hope to save you some time searching like I did.[/url]
Lowlander

No bugs yet

Post by Lowlander »

I have not found any bugs yet. Have done some CD ripping, playing music and editing.

I also finally found the workaround for ripping CD's with my own edited tags. Just need to disable FreeDB in the options menu and edit tags in the CD node. Then rip and all filenames and tags are written the way you want. Here is my question: When a CD is inserted freeDB is contacted to get track info. When ripping during ripping the first track this is done again and all user edited info is lost (I'm not online while ripping and all data is gone). Can the check FreeDB while ripping be disabled (option) or even taken out as it is a second (unnecessary) check (and really annoying for many). In other words checking file info on freeDB becomes really valuable if you are able to edit this info into your own liking. And I know you can do this afterwards, but I prefer to do it before and I think many others like that too.

Unfortunately I see that the bug when ripping CD's with volume levelling resulting in many CDrom nodes isn't solved. This is becomming quit annoying as MM doesn't always display the CDrom when a new one is inserted in the location node (Actually I think it starts showing up when CD is being ripped).
Lowlander

Search

Post by Lowlander »

I want to be able to search for a specific artist in a specific genre, then add another search with another artist in maybe another genre and so on. My idea is that when you add a condition you can add a subcondition to that with of course the normal search parameters as (AND, OR and NOT). Then when you add a second condition it is probably okay that it's added as an AND condition, but maybe other options need to be available to.

In other words, my point of view is creating autoplaylists. I would like to be able to get the following on one autoplaylist:
Genre "Rock en Espanol" NOT Artist "Mana" +
Genre "Classic Rock" +
Genre "Rock" ONLY Artist "Pearl Jam"

As you can see NOT Artist "Mana" and ONLY Artist "Pearl Jam" are subconditions for the main condition Genre. In the condition Genre "Classic Rock" there is no subcondition. I could even see people wanting more than one subcondition ie. Genre "Classic Rock" ONLY Artist "Santana" ONLY Album "Supernatural". Also the same main condition should be allowed multiple times to allow for different subconditions on them ie.
Genre "Classic Rock" ONLY Artist "Santana" ONLY Album "Supernatural"
Genre "Classic Rock" ONLY Artist "Nirvana" ONLY SongLength "<3:00"

With all this I would like to see an option to filter out double entries in the search results, just an option as you sometimes want doubles.

Currently when I add to conditions like (artist - equals - artistname) twice with a different artistname nothing shows up in the search results, same for genre. This seems to be a bug as I read from the help file that it should be possible (or only with ratings as mentioned in helpfile???)

This for me has an importance for creating auto playlist as that feature is just so great! Except that you can't add much to it at this point.

PS. I know much has been written about this and it's on the to-do list. I just had some thoughts about this topic I wanted to share. Please let us know where the new search development is currently.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beta 4

Post by Guest »

You guys rock!
Lowlander

Added View:Album Browser / Improved Get Track Details

Post by Lowlander »

Very nice. This is a very nice update to MM, much better than the old version. I like the fact that it's in webformat which allows for easy downloading of albumart. Another nice feature is that you can have it updated each time a new song starts playing. And track listings have been added very nice.

A problem I see is that it always stays on top which can make it hard to use the main MM interface for browsing or updating the songs.

I also would like to see genre information included.

A progress bar showing when it's done reading all the information from Amazon would be nice too!

I does seem to make awkward choices for displaying information. In this case I have album and artist information correct, but it decides to display a different album instead, why? I do like the dropdown menu showing all possible matches, very nice. It's also great it is able to find information based on artist only, have a lots of tracks without album information.

Maybe a future update could show all album matches based on artist and title so it would be easier to look for the album.

But this is certainly a very nice improvement, thanks.
rusty

Improved query facilities and Album Viewer questions

Post by rusty »

Lowlander,
Re. improved query facilities, this is planned for a future release (in which we also hope to migrate to a simpler/more usable UI for queries).

Re. the Album browser, we hope to address all of your points in future releases--this is pretty much a proof of concept that will evolve into something much more useful in the next major release.
-Rusty
Lowlander

Great

Post by Lowlander »

The search query reply was a contribution to the discussion and hopefully a hint into what's possibly needed from the users side. I very much like the autoplaylist and that would very much benefit from a truly advanced search.

I know the album browser is in it's infancy and I promised to leave feedback as I did. I very much like this baby right now and hope it grows up to be very promissing.
Lowlander

Very nice

Post by Lowlander »

The EvilLyrics plugin works very nice, Thanks