Existing tracks not showing in MM after scan

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

moonglow

Existing tracks not showing in MM after scan

Post by moonglow »

I'm using the beta, but not sure if its a beta issue or not. Thought I'd start here and get moved to the right place.

I've just noticed that a number of albums in MM only show single tracks, even though I have the full album. I did a rescan on the folders and its not adding any additional tracks. I rescanned the full directory and it added 5 albums, but none of these are showing in MM, either by directory/location or if I search for the artist.

All the tracks are mp3. They'll all play in MM if I select them from explorer and they show correct track/tag info in MM while playing.

It looks kinda like there is a filter on, but buggered if I can find what it is, and there doesn't seem to be anything in common between the tracks or albums.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Ludek

Re: Existing tracks not showing in MM after scan

Post by Ludek »

Looks strange,

If you go to Playlists -> Accessible Tracks
are all tracks there?

If not, then it means they failed to scan into library and I would need to see debug log while scanning the songs, item 4b) here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Be sure that you are testing latest build (1650), this build allows you to also export scan log on the end of scan via [Save log] button, please save the scan log too.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Hi, they are showing up in the accessible play list. I went and checked the artist tree and all the tracks seem to be showing up there. So for some reason it's just the location tree that is hiding stuff. I checked the path for each track in the play list view and they all seem ok.

Actually I take that back. Everything is visible under the accessible tracks playlist. However, some of the albums that first highlighted the problem still don't show under the artist tree. These showed up when I accidentally rescanned all albums in the 's' folder - I'd ripped these years ago so was surprised to see them in the log. So I went to have a look in MM to check the tags etc were clean and couldn't find them....then slowly found more that were on the drive but not showing up in the location tree.

Ok, found these, they're showing up under the Classical Music stub.

So back now to just the minor problem, only 1-2 tracks of full albums showing for some albums.

They also are visible when I go to location\drive\All .... just not when I go location\drive\mp3-complete\s\artist x or y...
location\drive\mp3-complete\All also shows them...
as does location\drive\mp3-complete\s\All....
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you make a screenshots where file is not seen and one using All but with path column visible.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Yup, done - do look to be the same though... whats the best way to paste/send the screen shots?

just as a FYI, here is the path for a visible all the time track (copied from track properties)..

S:\MP3 - Complete\S\Stan Walker - Introducing Stan Walker\01 - Stan Walker - Black Box.mp3

and here's one that only shows during the 'ALL' views...

S:\MP3 - Complete\S\Stan Walker - Introducing Stan Walker\02 - Stan Walker - Purple Rain.mp3
Peke wrote:Can you make a screenshots where file is not seen and one using All but with path column visible.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

moonglow wrote: Ok, found these, they're showing up under the Classical Music stub
OK, so it seems that the tracks were just incorrectly classified as Classical Music (probably its genre includes word classical).

This is known issue and was resolved by modifing default rules for Music collection (to include also classical music)

You can either:
- if you are Gold user, edit Music collection, Criteria tab
Change from
Type | equals | Music, Music Video
to
Type | equals | Music, Music Video, Classical Music

OR

Select the tracks under Classical Music sollection and right click -> Properties
Change Type from 'Classical Music' to 'Music'
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Hi Ludek, yup that was what was happening for the missing albums. But isnt the explanation for the missing tracks. They're all showing under Music\All .. unlike the classical tracks.

Seems I had two similar but different problems concurrently - not that the 'classical music' node is a problem, more user error issue ;)

The genre on the tracks I posted the path to above are all Pop - NZ.
Last edited by moonglow on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Hi Peke,

Here is the image with full track lists: Image

With missing tracks Image
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Based on the screenshots there is really something wrong.

I would suggest to compress your MM.DB and send it to us for analyze. If you don't know where the file is located, see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17

A workaround to fix it should be to remove the problematic albums from library and re-scan them again to library, but backup your MM.DB before for sure.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Will do... Hope it compresses well cause its like 158meg normally. Appreciate your help.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I analyzed your MM.DB and I can confirm the problem for a lot of tracks.

Unortunatelly I haven't been able to find the cause for this problem, the problem is just consequence.
I guess that the problem raised immediatelly after scanning the tracks into library 3 years ago? As I see the tracks were added to library on 10th of may, 2010 or before (2009). So it might be a bug already fixed during the last three years.

You can resolve the problem by deleting the tracks added in 2010 (and before) from library and re-scan them again into your library, but you will lost playcount history for the tracks (unless you use a script for exporting/importing the history).

EDIT: Sent link to your fixed database via PM