Bug: Autoplaylist Rating = to

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

scherer43

Bug: Autoplaylist Rating = to

Post by scherer43 »

I run windows XP and got some sort of syntax database error when trying to make a playlist where Rating was = to x amount of stars. The >= does work however. Just thought I'd point this out. By the way the new features are sweet. Thank you.

Also, I don't know if you can do anything about this or not... but under Get Track Info, if the album being queried is older than 1990 it appears as being released Oct. 25, 1990. Is there a way the actual release dates can appear? I am guessing this is an Amazon thing. I do like using this for classifying the years for my 4400+ songs and it would be a great help for my older tracks.
scherer43

Also...

Post by scherer43 »

Maybe the album's genre could be included in the get tracks info area?
rusty

Beta bugs

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback.

-I was able to replicate the search bug. We'll put together a fix for this for the next beta.

-We'll look into the date issue for 'Get Track Details'. As you surmised, the data presented is from Amazon's database, so if it's inaccurate there, there's not much we can do (although it seems that in some cases it may be possible to expose another field--'Original Release Date', but I'm not sure).

-Re. including genre, it's on our to do list--this is only our first stab at this type of functionality. In the future, we'll need to integrate with back end databases that include additional info such as genre. Moreover, the Amazon DB is fairly limited when it comes to getting accurate information for older tracks--another reason for using other DBs in the future.
scherer43

Post by scherer43 »

Thanks for the info Rusty. I don't know how you can work with the databases, but I have found allmusic.com the most useful and definitely the most comprehensive of all of the one's I've seen. They even include Artist styles, related artists and things of the sort. These could be great additions to information you could store in the Customs.

Anyways, you guys are doing an unbelievable job and I'm glad the program has been successful, it certainly is "The Ultimate Music Manager". You guys have changed the world of music management and I enthusiastically recommend your program to everyone I know.

Also thanks for the Evil Lyrics fix; two unbelievable programs working together. :lol:
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback :)

btw, re. the Amazon, Jiri confirmed the fact that currently there's nothing we can do about the inaccurate year information. We'll put in a request to see if there's anything that can be done...