MM 4.1 DLNA "Push" Not Working

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

briant

MM 4.1 DLNA "Push" Not Working

Post by briant »

Hello, I am having some problems with DLNA and Media monkey 4.1.0.1685 RC. The problem is I cannot get the dlna push feature to work on any of my devices. I select my Device under Options>Player (I have a Pioneer VSX-1021k, a 1022k, and 2 xbox 360's I have tried) and none of them play. All my music is stored on a remote computer and it all works when I play it over the speakers connected to my local computer, but never via dlna. I have tried disabling my firewall, but it does not help. I am not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or something with the test builds. With my pioneer devices, when I play a song the receiver starts up and shows the song to be played, but the song never plays. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum
nohitter151

Re: MM 4.1 DLNA "Push" Not Working

Post by nohitter151 »

Did you try with any tracks local on your PC?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Also does "Pull" play work?
briant

Post by briant »

Hi,
Pull Works Perfectly, However Push Does absolutely nothing (other than turning on the receiver and displaying track info, but never plays music). Unfortunately I really would like to get push working. Also, tried copying a song from the remote pc to my C: Drive and playing it but again does nothing on my stereo. Also tried playing pluging in my sansa mp3 player and playing music off that. Works fine locally, but never with a dlna "push"...
Peke

Post by Peke »

I tested today on LG 42LW5500 and 42LA620S and push worked on both Audio and Video. It can be faster but it works.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
briant

Post by briant »

Anyone gotten ideas? I've tested it from another computer, and now it gives me an error message on the stereo receiver. It takes several minutes but after that I eventually get a generic error message that says "server error" on the receiver. I've also tested it on xbmc on my raspberry pi, and while never loads either, media monkey gives an error about xbmc not being on. Also, how long does it usually take for a "push" to work before it starts playing? Maybe should I create some debug logs? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

briant

Post by briant »

Ok, so I fixed the problem on one computer, but the other computer is still having issues, but anyway i got it working on one computer. I was able to fix it on the one computer by deleting the library and readding everything. Now it works, but there is another problem I discovered, which i believe is reproducible by anyone. While music and video's work if they are added into the library, they will not play via dlna if they are not added in the mediamonkey library. Let me explain, if you plug in a flash drive, ipod, mp3 player etc. and try to play it via dlna it will simply not work. That is unless it is added into the music library. If you add it to the library it will work, otherwise it will not work. Same rule applies if the music is on a local hard drive or on a remote share but just not added to the library. That was part of the problem for me. When I copied some songs to my local hard drive, i simply opened them from my computer without adding them to the library. Then when I deleted the library and readded my songs from my network share, everything started working...
ANYway, it does seem like a bug to me, but I would like someone else to try opening a song that is not already added in their library before i possibly open up a new bug report. So just to clarify again to reproduce this bug you must change the player to a dlna renderer, then play a song that is not in your library such as on an mp3 player. Thanks Everyone, and please someone post back if this can be reproduced.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, you are right, songs can be played to renderer only if they were added to library, tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11760
donector

Post by donector »

hi is this ever going to be fixed?
donector

sending videos not in library to an external player fails

Post by donector »

Hi, since long time ago, I have faced this problem now and then:

Sending tracks which are not added to the library to an DLNA renderer does nothing and you are left wondering why it fails until you test som many tracks and alternatives until you realise it is just because it's not part of the library...

(as we all know we can change the player via:
Options > Player or
right-click in the player area > Choose player. )

I only found this issue as a bug for MMW beta version to be addressed in 2014
(MM 4.1 DLNA "Push" Not Working https://forum.mediamonkey.com/viewtopic ... 63#p473763 But as this is still happening in the offcial version, and there is no other feedback, I ask under this section of the forum

thank you all
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is Fixed in MM5 due the DLNA engine behavioral change and also that MM5 support Chromecast and can cache Device UUIDs for future use and easier locating.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts