Multimedia Keys not working as they should

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

mad.scientist

Multimedia Keys not working as they should

Post by mad.scientist »

Again the multimedia keys - seems a neverending story :-? This time running MM 2.0.2.586 on a HP Notebook with buildin keys for play/pause, stop, previous, next. Several different things:
- "stop" is working nicely under all conditions.
- "play/pause" is only working when MM has the focus. Otherwise nothing happens.
- "previous" and "next" work under all conditions, but instead of jumping forwards/backwards just one track, MM jumps between 3 and 6 tracks forwards or backwards, respectively. What's happening here?

Apart from this (minor) bug -- nice software!

Florian
rusty

Multimedia Keyboard problems in 2.0.2 Beta 4

Post by rusty »

Just tested this on w2k and I haven't been able to replicate any sort of problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

Florian, if you're using another app that uses the Multimedia keyboard (something besides Windows Media Player, since the problem may be due to some sort of conflict), does it work properly? I'm wondering if perhaps the problem isn't specific to MediaMonkey...

-Rusty
Peke

Post by Peke »

Win9x Tests complete and ended Negative.

All tests were done with two or more Apps that use MMKeys active.
All Worked perfect.

Detected minor bugs similar to mad.scientist but only when other app then MM is focused (not a MM Bug). When MM is focused it worked perfectly.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
mad.scientist

Post by mad.scientist »

Hi!

Ok, here some additional infos: It's a HP Omnibook XT series (I think sold in the US as Pavillion zt or something) running under XP Home. The Multimedia keys work as intended with Windows Media Player and Musicmatch Jukebox (these are the two I used before as they were preinstalled on the notebook) in all cases (with focus or without, tray icon etc).
I never tried running both apps simultaneously to see what would happen. There is another key labeled "MP3" that fires the application currently definded as default .MP3 handling app, so I always thought the Multimedia keys would send some (DDE/OLE or whatever) message to this default app.
mad.scientist

Post by mad.scientist »

oooh, by the way, unfortunately I can't play around with MM and the multimedia keys anymore, as my battery has just kicked the bucket and I had to send the whole damn thing back to HP :evil: :evil: :evil: (and all my music is gone ... :( )