Crash when writing tags in 1854 [#14432]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

ErichTWade

Crash when writing tags in 1854 [#14432]

Post by ErichTWade »

When I upgraded to 1852, I began to experience a crash when updating my podcasts, once they reached the tagging step. It does not happen every time, but it happens very often - completely updating my podcasts generally takes several restarts. The crash does not seem to be related to playback (I am not playing anything during the crashes), downloading (it sometimes happens after downloading one file), or tagging multiple things at once. I had hoped the crash was http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14432, but it still occurs in 1854. Furthermore, with the debug versions installed, no debug log appears to be generated. I have the option to tag podcasts from feed data enabled.

I have submitted a help desk ticket with the same information, as well as a debug log and detailed information on what was done during it.

Unfortunately I do not remember what version I was running before upgrading to 1852, so I cannot say with certainty what version this began occurring in. I am running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.150663) with two hard drives, 8 GB of RAM, and dual monitors, with my MediaMonkey library on the second disk; my main disk is a solid-state drive.
rusty

Re: Crash when writing tags in 1854

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the report. We were able to replicate and have fixed this in 4.1.19.1856 (currently available via the beta forum).

Can you confirm whether the fix works for you? If it doesn't, please report back with details (ideally including a debug log).

Thanks.

-Rusty
Vihaan1

Re: Crash when writing tags in 1854

Post by Vihaan1 »

Thanks so much.

Re: Crash when writing tags in 1854 [#14432]

Post by Guest »

I'm like you do not know what to wait for updates. Or that we can fix it first.