MMA wants to update all playlists on MMW (1906)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

guapo

MMA wants to update all playlists on MMW (1906)

Post by guapo »

Hi all
Has anyone seen this odd behaviour that existed already in release 1905 but persists on 1906 as well. If I wifi sync, MMA regularly wants to update all existing playlists on MMW, even though only one or two are knowlingly modified and need update. If you deselect all except these two, sync, and then re-sync right away, the re-sync behaves nominally (meaning wifi sync skips the playlist-update window and runs through w/o error). However, the next time (independent if a playlist has been modified, just songs played on MMA meanwhile) the same problem occurs again.
I already let MMA update them all, but just today MMA wanted to update them all again, and while doing that, the sync stopped with error (Sync incomplete). A re-sync did not ran through either, but showed that the first sync crashed while updating the playlists as now there were only few playlists left to sync. A third attempt then ran through without error. All playlists still exist on MMW, including the updated playlist of today. So the bug does not harm anything (till today, but Im always nervous if MMA wants to update all playlists, fearing that they wont come under the proper node or get damaged or so)
My sync settings are:
sync on an sd card (default file locations), convert on the fly to 99kbps all songs, copy artwork to file tags, use only first genre if mulple exist.
Sync playlists, M3U format, use UTF-8 in default destination (\Playlists\)
Im using win7 (MMW gold lifetime, portable installed into the folder of the previous version) and samsung s10+
thanks for any advice :-)
guapo

Re: MMA wants to update all playlists on MMW (1906)

Post by guapo »

Update.
The "problem" persists on 1909 RC-1 and looks like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DkERHj ... sp=sharing
So MMA wants to update a lot of playlists even though I worked only on two playlists since the last sync. Usually, the first attempt to sync fails (Update incomplete) but the second runs through. So its not really a problem in the sense that the changed playlists do get synced back on MMW, but I dont understand why MMA wants to update so many playlists everytime?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Something changed Playlists in MMA. Maybe playlist delete and resync them from MMW would help?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
guapo

Post by guapo »

yeah that would make sense. However, I don't have any programs accessing and even writing into the folder of the playlists stored on the external SD. I checked now: I got 1107 playlists (of which probably 20 being parent playlists) of which MMA wants to update less than 400 (The last few times it was 368, 385, and today 393).
Is it correct that during sync, MM compares the date by which a playlist has been changed and saved, and transfers the content to the side with the older date? Or which criteria defines whether a playlist is synced?

I tried what you proposed already. But I did it again: Deleted all the playlists and synced them back yesterday. Then I played some songs and re-synced an hour later. It ran through without wanting to update any list. Syncing today however already, MMA asks to update nearly 400 playlists on the server.