Creates M3U playlist when M3U8 is selected

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

beaches09

Creates M3U playlist when M3U8 is selected

Post by beaches09 »

mmw 4.1.24.1883, mma, newest beta, galaxy s9, android 9.

the playlist section in mmw is set for m3u8, but it only creates m3u on the mobile device. I need m3u8 for compatibility with some external players since they are ignoring Cyrillic alphabet characters in m3u even with utf8 enabled.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Creates M3U playlist when M3U8 is selected

Post by Lowlander »

Did you also enable m3u8 in Supported Formats in the Device Profile?
beaches09

Post by beaches09 »

yes
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try disabling all other Playlist formats in Supported Formats and only leave M3U8. Does that resolve it?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My native language is Cyrillic and enabling M3U8 while disabling M3U fixed it for me and M3U8s are created on devices. Same issue we had with FiiO M7 and specific profile was created https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/browse/item/fiio-m7/ have you tried to go to S9 profile and under options -> Auto conversion in Supported formats -> Playlists enable M3U8 and disable M3U along with same settings under Playlist format?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
beaches09

Post by beaches09 »

Thanks guys, yes I tried those things originally, and just made sure they were that way still. It still produces m3u on my mobile. strange, I know.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Capture the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=69
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello beaches09,

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
rezme

Post by rezme »

Hi, I know this report is from two years ago, just wondering if it was ever resolved. I'm having the same issue on the latest version of MMA. I've followed all the suggested steps, yet playlists only transfer in M3U format, not M3U8.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried to disable M3U as available format in playlist of Device Profile and add M3U8 in supported formats?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rezme

Post by rezme »

Yes. I've set m3u8 as the only compatible playlist format in the "Auto Conversion" settings

I've also set m3u8 as the default playlist format under "Playlists", and I've checked the box labeled "Use extended M3U"

Playlists are still transferring as M3U

Is there somewhere else I'm supposed to set this that I missed?

MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MMW Version 5.0.2.2523
Device: Samsung Galaxy S20
PC: Windows 10
rezme

Post by rezme »

So I guess I'll reiterate my initial question since it's been a couple weeks without a response to my last comment.

Did the original poster ever resolve their issue, or is this a bug? Is there any way to force the playlists to generate as M3U8?
rezme

Post by rezme »

Hoping that with the holidays over, this can get some attention. I've got several hundred playlists in MMW, and my next step is to delete them all and start recreating them, which is several weeks worth of work I'll need to begin.

I'm not asking for anything to be fixed, as I know that my issue isn't a terribly important one. I'm just trying to determine whether I'm wasting my time trying to get it to work.

I'm asking a yes or no question, so if there's anyone from the MW team that can spare 15 seconds to type a single word in reply I'd really appreciate it.

Is this functionality broken? Yes/No?