Intermittent ODBC Error After Deleting Duplicates

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

halftime

Intermittent ODBC Error After Deleting Duplicates

Post by halftime »

Symptoms: I pull up the "Duplicate Titles" view in "Files To Edit" node. I select a number of songs to delete and click he Delete button on my keyboard. I choose "Delete from Library and File System" option. The deletions proceed and the deleted titles disappear from the view. But some seconds afterward (usually 3-5 seconds), I get an error dialog with this text:

There was following problem with querying database:
40000:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Syntax error
(missing operator) in query expression 'UCASE(LEFT(SongPath,
95)) = UCASE(':\MP3Library\SongTitle.mp3') AND IdMedia=44.

I get Cancel/Retry/Ignore buttons. Cancel and Ignore clear the error. Retry never has. It doesn't happen every time I delete duplicates, but when it does happen, that's where it happens. I might get several of these for a block of duplicates deleted and each one that comes up stops me from doing anything else until it's cleared.

ENV: WinXP w/SP3 on a P3650 w/ 256MB PC133SDRAM. My Access installation is Office XP Developer install.
jiri

Post by jiri »

That's interesting, could you please generate a debug log of this error so that I can see the whole context of the problem (see http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69 for a description of how to do it). Send it to my e-mail then, please.

Thanks,
Jiri
jiri

Post by jiri »

Actually, after reviewing the code I think the problem is fixed now and will be ok in the next release. Anyway, if you get to the debug log, I'd really like to see it.

Jiri