High CPU usage

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

ashenkin

High CPU usage

Post by ashenkin »

Hi Folks,

I have 3.0.2.1134 installed. I'm not sure when the problems starts, but I often find that MM is chewing up 99% or so of my CPU (causing my laptop to heat up like crazy, etc). I think it might happen after resuming from sleep, but not always. Does anyone else have this issue? How should I go about debugging it?

Thanks,
Allie
rgatlin

Post by rgatlin »

If you have MM in album view and have file monitor turned on it will chew up all your cpu?? This was noted somewhere but I can't find the original post. I guess it is a know problem with 3.0?? Does anyone know where the original post about this bug is located?? It kills my core duo with 4 gig ram if I forget and leave MM in album view and reboot with file monitor on.
rgatlin

Post by rgatlin »

Sorry , what I meant to say was if you have MM in the album art view and have file monitor on it will cause high memory and cpu use. I notice this after leaving MM in album art view and setting file monitor option on.
Morganiser

Post by Morganiser »

I have a similiar problem with high cpu usage. For me it accours when ripping to flac - started occurring not long after upgrading from 2.xx to 3.02.

I Have a centrino duo, xp sp2 (toshiba p100) a gig of ram and it maxes out one cpu and the other stays down about 40%.

I dont have it set to 'album view', not monitoring files and dont have 'level volume' checked... (apparently that can cause a problem.)

Makes me consider downgrading to 2.x but it would be alot nicer ti fix it!

any ideas?