Duplicate Library Entries

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

rednwhite

Duplicate Library Entries

Post by rednwhite »

My library has started to show every track in my collection twice. So 1st song is "Dreadlock Holiday 10cc track 01" and second song is "Dreadlock Holiday 10cc track 01". I have tried "clearing" the library and re-scanning and it does the same. This happened after I had to take the physical device off line for a while then bring it back on [without any changes to it].

I have tried re-installing [and upgrading to the latest verision at the same time]. I haven't done a full uninstall though.
Lowlander

Re: Duplicate Library Entries

Post by Lowlander »

The common cause for duplicates is when a user moves files. In your situation the bringing back online of the drive might have resulted in a different drive ID and thus duplicates.

What I don't understand is that you cleared your library and still have duplicates added. This leads to the following questions:
- Do both copies of the same song have the same path?
- Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?
- Are you using some form of RAID?
- Do you have one of the copies showing in the Files to Edit > Dead Links node?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
donector

Post by donector »

hi

have the same bloody problem!

i have all the mp3 in an external same, and ONLy some of the tracks appear twice

exact location such as:

I:\1\ FAVORITOS\Beck\1999 Midnite Vultures\02 Nicotine & Gravy.mp3

nice sight. isn't it?

about the questions that rednwhite never seemed to answer, i can add
1) of course
version 3031183
from my side dont really use any raid just the external usb drive / win xp...
none of them appear as dead link!!!

any help?! thanks :-(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try upgrading to the latest version of MediaMonkey to prevent this from occurring again.

As to solving the issue, the easiest is to use File > Clear Library, but this will result in the loss of playlists, play data and unsynchronized tags. Another option is using the Files to Edit > Duplicate Titles node and manually selecting all duplicates (make sure you leave one copy unselected) and then remove those copies (make sure you select from Library only as otherwise your files will be removed from your PC).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)