Not yet, but soon ...

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Is it okay that the play-button is so "big"?

You may select 1 option

View results

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Looks good Morten!! Very promising! Keep up the good work. It is much appriciated. :D
Morten

Post by Morten »

Dennis wrote:Looks good Morten!! Very promising! Keep up the good work. It is much appriciated. :D
Thank you and welcome to the forums.

As I said in the previous post, I'm not finished. But I think you'll get the main idea where I'm headed.
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep he is good at coding a skin.

but i am going to harp at morten some more.

why not use your talent to make one that is not a copy, make one that is only for monkey and no other one like it is anywhere else?

all that talent going to waste as a copy machine?

what is so hard about thinking of something to make a skin out of? why not make one out of the boy with his finger in the dyke
you can make his finger be the play pause play out of the dyke pause in the dyke. make the playlist come out of his hat for the floating player.

how about a map of norway use the capital as the play pause button and the other citys as the other buttons then we can all push the button for your city and really push your button.
:P

make a skin out of a hockey game photo? a speed skating photo?

make a skin out of an under the ocean landscape view include a submarine and ocean wild life?

use a photo of the solar system each planet is a button that way?

make one out of the dash of your car?

why does the skin have to always be what is seen on media players now? life is full of spice why not media player skins?

thats another one make a player out of the different spices in a spice drawer.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I have some great ideas in my head, but I need the skinning to be advanced enough. First, we need to have skins with max appeal to end-users, I think this "Glided"-skin appeals to that kind of user-group. I will sure make some weird mini-player skins (like a guitar, a zune, a telephone or something like that) but these skins (WMP11 and Glided with iTunes as the least important) are most important at this time to define what's needed by the skinning module in the first place.

Hope you understand this :)
Best regards,
Morten
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, Cowboy, your suggestions seem a little off the mark. In terms of skins, I want something professional, clean, stylish - something that I want to look at whilst I am playing music and fiddling with my collection. Not flags or spice jars instead of buttons, or whatever. It would look amateurish and not in keeping with the general fit of MM.

Also, 'Glided' is an original design by Morten, so it is a little unfair to call him a 'copy machine' - as he has already stated several times, his WMP and itunes skins are a way of getting to know the skinning module.

(And, Morten, the skin is looking great - I can't wait to have a final release MM3 wearing Glided...*sighs*) :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i know he did the skins for that reason. i was posting suggestions that would and could work for others under the age of lets say 8 or 9 and or even some that are older.

there's no writen law that say media players have to look like a box.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Now that's a lame skin, it doesn't even contain tracks... :-?

Just kidding, it looks gr8! :D
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

Steegy wrote:Now that's a lame skin, it doesn't even contain tracks... :-?

Just kidding, it looks gr8! :D
What do you mean about tracks :lol:

No offence taken btw :p
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

Wow Morten, I know I have already seen this skin before the latest screenshot, but it just looks great.

@RC, Your skins are good but I don't like the fact that on your Trucking skin you had to supply an instruction manual so we new what buttons to push...
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thanks Blake. :) Much appreciated.

Here's the newest screenshot. Experimenting with borders and I think I've found a much cleaner solution. There still are some buttons which needs redesign/pixelation, but that will eventually come.

Is it better?
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

Thats Great! If we didn't have someone like you in the skinning community, there would be 3 less excellent skins, thanks.

I just realized, are the title buttons (close, maximize, minimize) the WMP one in a different color? They look a lot alike. Also, something i'd like to suggest, have a mini-player button on the right of the title buttons, like the Royals.

Keep up the good work Morten!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Blake wrote:Wow Morten, I know I have already seen this skin before the latest screenshot, but it just looks great.

@RC, Your skins are good but I don't like the fact that on your Trucking skin you had to supply an instruction manual so we new what buttons to push...
blake would you rather i had let you guess?

morten that is better on the fonts they read a little better.
but i think the information should be seen with out trying
to look at it.? i don't know how it works on smaller screens
but that is close to not readable for me. close but not completely.
8)
Morten

Post by Morten »

Blake wrote:Thats Great! If we didn't have someone like you in the skinning community, there would be 3 less excellent skins, thanks.

I just realized, are the title buttons (close, maximize, minimize) the WMP one in a different color? They look a lot alike. Also, something i'd like to suggest, have a mini-player button on the right of the title buttons, like the Royals.

Keep up the good work Morten!
No. The title buttons are my own work as well. They are replicas (in size) of the aero-ones found in Windows Vista. I made those before even beginning on my WMP11-skin.

Two questions;

a) Is it okay to have such a big play-button?
b) Next/previous buttons shape, does anyone have an idea?
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

OK

Your answers:

1. Yes thats fine, a big clickable area is always good
2. Do NOT make them circles. Again, If the clickable area is decent then they're fine as they are.

@RC: No I wouldn't rather that, i'm just saying that its good to be able to just know what you are pressing without having to refer to something else.
Morten

Post by Morten »

@Blake; Do you have some suggestions on what type of shape it should be, the next/prev-buttons I mean. I have no idea at the moment, but will show it when I do.

@Rovingcowboy. The readability? The first one you see is the title of the song. The next thing you see are which album the track is on and by which artist it is played by. The orange feature goes through the action bars and the title of the song. The rest is grey-tones and very dark on white. The text font is still the same, but I've added a small shadow on the title to give it more readability. I don't know what you mean about it's hard to read, because it isn't on my screen. :)
Best regards,
Morten