Info about Glided - Discussion

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

Post by Morten »

That must come post-v3.0. 8)
Best regards,
Morten
Peke

Post by Peke »

or you can put yourself to little work. I'm sure that someone here will make you little tutorial for that. All thanks for Morten clean skin bitmaps.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Morten

Post by Morten »

Yeah, I think it's the most tidy skin out there :p In terms of resources! :D
Best regards,
Morten
Peke

Post by Peke »

How modest of you, fortunately it is true 8) :roll: :wink:
Best regards,
Peke
gege

Minor issue: MicroMonkey vertical alignment

Post by gege »

Hi Morten,

there's a minor issue I'd like to show you, regarding MicroMonkey vertical alignment in the Taskbar.
When user chooses to show Windows QuickLaunch bar using big icons (like I do), all app buttons in taskbar align to the top, including WMP taskplayer. Only MM MicroPlayer aligns to the center.
See screenshot:

I know it's not an important issue. I just wanted you to know 8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'll answer for morton.
  • (been calling you that since morton9300) or did i read that wrong too? must be the fuzzy font trouble on this computer i can't get them sharp.,)

this alignment of the micro player is not a skin issue
it belongs in the wishlist or the bug report for the player coding.

the skinner can't align this. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hello, I have noticed an annoying bug with MM that I have lately realised is actually specific to the glided skin.

If you hid the title bar of hte album art window.. you can grab the edges and resize it... you can, however, on the other MM 3.0 skins

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
badjeros

ratings in the miniplayer?

Post by badjeros »

I think the miniplayer is lovely, but I frequently rate songs and it's a pain to have to restore to the full screen and then go back to the mini each time. I know that keeping the design clean keeps it beautiful and useable, but for me a rating interface is a priority.

Just my vote. Thanks for the great skin.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Check Ratings HotKeys in MediaMonkey Setup.
Best regards,
Peke
badjeros

Post by badjeros »

Oh, good point. Thanks.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

As I already said a lot of times: Great skin! :)

Little wish: Can't the player get unlocked so that we can move it like in other skins? Because on my screen (1920x1200) te player is very long and I'd like to make three rows (tree/lists/embedded visualization) and the player move in the middle row.

EDIT: Ok, I found out how to do that! But another question isn't it possible to have two panels under each other? Just saw that it doesn't work here. I'd like in the middle row the songlist, the nowplayling-list and the player (or for example the albumart). Does this work somewhere?
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Morten, I just wanted to thank you for the Glided skin. You have really created a model skin in terms of organization and resources used while it is in use. I've learned just about everything I know about skinning from your wiki post and from examining the Glided skin elements. Your contributions to the MM community are much appreciated.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thank you. Those comments really warms. My intention with Glided is that people can use it as an template to do what they want to do skinner-wise. I have been a pain in the arse for the developers, and will continue to be so. One of my goals is to make MediaMonkey-skinning the easiest ever and also the use of MediaMonkey because of it's diverse usability.

And you must not forget that your work is greatly appreciated as well here in the forum. Many people like your greatly coded skin!

With that in mind, I will finish my "guide" when I get the strengths back. Photoshop finally installed and working again.
Best regards,
Morten
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make the current-song rating in the systray context submenu more evident? It's nearly impossible to tell what the current rating is, as the highlight color is hardly different from the background.

thanks,
allie
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Here's an example of what ashenkin means:

This song is rated 4 stars, if you look closely you can see it is highlighted, it is just very subtle.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.