ALL SKINNER's

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

ALL SKINNER's

Post by rovingcowboy »

besides what was changed with the black and white graphics in the skins there is another item that was changed. either they forgot to tell us or just forgot to tell me.?

but the way the skins are made and handled for the microplayer has also changed since alpha 4.

here is what is needed to do:

1. make the normal microplayerH skin.
2. copy the microplayerH.mskn and the microplayerH.ini files.
3. paste them in the folder for the microplayerV skin.
4. now the image you used for the back.bmp of the Hort. microplayer you need to rotate that in an image editor to be vertical. then replace the back.bmp in the microplayerV.mskn file. because it was copyed from the hortz. player and wont work, the size is the same only need to be made vertical.
also you need to adjust the code for the client on the player object and the bitmap for it.
then you need to make the sliders for the seek bar and the volume bar be vertical you can just rename the hortsliders under the bars to vert that will work and is fast.
5. now save the mskn file and take it to the testing folder you have for testing your skins.
6. now set your task bar to the vertical on the right or left of your screen.
7. now start the mm 3 player up and put it in to microplayer mode. you should see the skin but the buttons are all out of site or not there. that is because you still have the ini file set up for the hortz player.
8. open up the microplayerV.ini file and adjust all the items to fit on the vertical microplayer.

as you can tell this means there really is now 4 player skins to make for each skin of media monkey 3.

this use will work with both players. how ever the pratice of doing one microplayer skin is not working. that should stop.
you should be making the two skins as i said above and many times before.

as of this date june 25th 2007 the default skins of mortens is using one image map for the microplayers it is not working.

the image map showing both the hrt and vert players on it does in fact not work at all.
what the way morten has in the defalut is doing. is using his
skin he made for the hortz player, but is using the default skin for the vert. player, changing the image on the image map is not working, so each needs their own back.bmp and their own mskn file and ini file.

if you want to see what i mean download one of my skins and look in it to see the microplayer files. you should understand fast then. 8)

oh when you download my skins they are an msz file inside a zip file
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.