:: Silk Icon Set for MM 2 + 3 (almost ) ::

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

kemie

Post by kemie »

Hey guys, I'm a MM newbie, so I don't quite know what to do next.

After much head scratching, testing and retesting, and reading online, it seems that the problem with the icons with black backgrounds might be that the icons ar being resized in the application. How can I find out if that's the case? Putting in a message in the bug forum seems a bit overkill, and I'm sure developers dont have icons as the highest priority.

So, what should i do? Just leave it be until MM3 is more advanced?
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Sorry, I wrote bullshit.

I would contact a dev anyway...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

Thanks! Me like!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if the icons are being treated as buttons in the skin then the black color is only being used to show clickable area of image.
and white is non clickable area of image.

this might be the reason some are having trouble showing?
:-?
that and there are some bugs in mm 3 beta skin right now.
:(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
kemie

Post by kemie »

roving, but the odd thing is it happens on some icons and not others, and its icons that should have the same kind of function...
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

the first pixel (top left) is taken as the transparent color. These Icons which aren't transparent have all something painted on the tep left. So if you relfect the image so that there's nothing on the top left, it should be ok - it does for me!

BTW it's not enough to only clear the first top left pixel, but i down't know why.
hars

Post by hars »

i looking forward to this almost just as much as the mm3 release, 'cause if it's one thing that has annoyed me with mm it's the ugly icons :)
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
kemie

Post by kemie »

BINGO!
Onkel enno, you've got it!
i cleared the upper right pixel and it works!
The set is till missing some MM3 icons (waiting for devs to release a full list /pack), but the ones that are there work!

Updated :D
agge

Post by agge »

Now when I was reading this thread and though about the icons in the navigation window I came to think about another thing.
It would be soo great if the user could choice to show or hide the "tree" on the left of the icons.
I really think these dotted lines and small + signs just looks plottery and pretty ugly. You understand that a title is a child of another by the left margin and if its collapsable there could be a small arrow or something. This would really make me and many other "design thinking people" glad:D

Happy for a answer devs:)
Morten

Post by Morten »

It will eventually be a (better) fix for this, but not for v3.0.
Best regards,
Morten
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Installed this the other day, pretty nice looking. One small problem though...

kemie

Post by kemie »

weird... i thought i'd fixed transparent backgroundds. did you downlaod this recently? are you using MM 2 or 3?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I downloaded them like a day before I made that post. MM2, btw.

PS -- That's the only one I have noticed any problems with.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

thank you! :D
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Just noticed this a few moments ago:

When your at a point where editing the tag is not available, the button doesn't display with a background, though I have no clue on how buttons work so maybe it would still act like this even if the button image was busted. No clue, just thought I would point it out and see what's up.